What kind of NFL owner do you think you would be?

bomont

Big spender? Or very conservative? Or in between?

Thoroughly involved in the personnel process? Or sit back and let the GM do his thing? Or in between?

Readily accessible to the press? Or the quiet silent partner type? Or again in the middle?

Easy to say, but I think it's hard to know w/o being there. I think I would be in the middle generally.  I would lean to conservative on spending and only give the big splashy contracts when I feel really sure of the player, and avoid vets on the downside of their career, and really avoid injury prone and head cases. Personnel wise, I would want to let the GM do his thing, but I would be involved in player analysis and give my input and expect them to consider it. And on hopefully rare occasions, overrule them on a draft pick or FA move, but again try to defer most of the time to their expertise. I would not engage the press much at all. Jerry Jones I'm not. But I wouldn't be stand offish either. 

• Like 1

I share my name with the owner of the Bengals; so at the least, I’d do better. 

I’d hire a team president who has some player personnel background and a GM with a scouting background.
The Team President would work with the Chief Negotiator and the Cap person to make the numbers work and the GM would handle the Pro and College scouting departments. The Head Coach and the Team President would have final say on the roster decisions and the GM would continue finding hidden gems. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hands off, pay massive dollars to guys who are considered some of the best in the bizz, sit back and just party.

This. My answer to the title was going to be “intoxicated”

big spender on star talent. I’m living the life 

Edited by Dome

Running a small business is not easy so I would be terrible at it. Just like everyone else on this site.

It's easy to sit back and play armchair GM where you think you have a plan in mind with no real consequences, but none of us really know what most owners/GM's do on a day-to-day basis. And I imagine that there are FAR more details that go into the job than any of us would ever even think of that would throw off us off track and blind side us in ways that we never imagined. 

Edited by JustAnotherFan
  • Like 1

I’d be the kind of owner tailgating with the fans and keeping stadium beer prices low. I’d be the kind of owner lobbying for my GM to take a shot on end of career Terrell Owens. I’d probably have one head coach for twenty years. We might not win a lot of games but we’d fill a stadium and have a great Sunday. 

• Like 1

I’d be just like the amazing Amy Adams-Strunk. Sit back and let my wonderful GM and HC do their jobs because they’re smarter than me. I’d party with fans like her and be involved in the community doing anything I can for fan interest. I’d do anything I can to grow the Titan brand and fan base. I’d work my *** to eventually get a new stadium and make it get back to being one of the toughest places to play in the league.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

What does that get you? Profit,? A say in ops?

No.  All you basically get is admittance to the annual shareholders' meeting in July and access to shareholder merchandise.   Back in the 80s before they sold the last batch of shares the number of people who attended was usually under 100 so you could rub elbows with the team president and GM.  That was kinda fun even tho you wore a suit and ladies wore dresses seeing it a business meeting but it is much more casual today with folks wearing players jerseys' etc.  Now that there are 360,000+ individual shareholders they have it at Lambeau instead of a local hotel ballroom.   The last one I attended was right after the last renovation and we had access to everything.  That was fun. 

Edited by Pugger
  • Like 2