What kind of NFL owner do you think you would be?

bomont

4 hours ago, Pugger said:

No.  All you basically get is admittance to the annual shareholders' meeting in July and access to shareholder merchandise.   Back in the 80s before they sold the last batch of shares the number of people who attended was usually under 100 so you could rub elbows with the team president and GM.  That was kinda fun even tho you wore a suit and ladies wore dresses seeing it a business meeting but it is much more casual today with folks wearing players jerseys' etc.  Now that there are 360,000+ individual shareholders they have it at Lambeau instead of a local hotel ballroom.   The last one I attended was right after the last renovation and we had access to everything.  That was fun. 

How does the business model work? What happens to the profits?

Who represents you at nfl owners meeting?

7 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

How does the business model work? What happens to the profits?

Who represents you at nfl owners meeting?

The profits go back into the team.  One person on the Board of Directors - team president Mark Murphy - represents the team at NFL Owners meetings.  Right before the shareholders meeting the team releases a financial report.  The majority of the money earned is the share the team gets from national television contracts.  If memory serves renovations to Lambeau field were paid for by stock sales.  Presently the team is constructing a large complex around Lambeau Field modeled after Patriot Place in NE. They are calling it Titletown District.  It will have attractions, shops and a hotel.  The money generated from this will go directly to the team.

Trust my GM and coaching to make the calls. Be a hands off owner as I have seen what being too in control can do to a team such as Dallas. I’d be in the middle spending wise. Get a good coach and commit to him and not have a revolving door like Cleveland had and so many others 

• Like 1

Probably the Jeffrey Lurie type I'd be around the team but not get involved in decision making unless they affect how my franchise is perceived. I would want to talk with any kid we draft to be a franchise quarter back for instance or head coach. Even if ultimately those decisions are my gms to make.