What kind of NFL owner do you think you would be?

bomont

On 17-3-2020 at 2:25 PM, Calvert28 said:

More hands on like Jerry. But i'm not drafting or giving out contracts or making trades. I would just like to be in the same room when that takes place.

Yeah probably like this. I know i dont have the talent for being a gm, and thats why i would try to hire a capable one.

However that gm (and coach) will have to accept that i'm going to be around on a daily basis, to get the info and explanations on what they do and why and give my opinion on it. 

The only other rule they have to follow is make sure to always be cash positive because you got yourself a broke owner who wont finance anything

Edited by Roninho
  • Like 1

Prioritize the fans over the players.  

Because that's who the game is played for.  

Fair ticket prices, fair food vendors, lots of chances to interact with the players, and big investment for a great stadium.  

That's what matters. 

Not the clown who's getting 100+ million a year and decides to retire after 8 seasons like the coward he is. 

Not saying the players wouldn't get paid, but that shouldn't be the emphasis.    

I'd be great.

I'd acknowledge and understand that I have no idea what the hell I'm doing and hire people who are great at what they do to run the team for me.

I do think I'd have a pretty good intuition/feel for hiring the right people. And I wouldn't be a nepotist like so many owners are.

On 3/17/2020 at 9:25 AM, Calvert28 said:

More hands on like Jerry. But i'm not drafting or giving out contracts or making trades. I would just like to be in the same room when that takes place.

I'd like to be there for sure, but I wouldn't be calling shots either. I feel like Jerry is alot more hands on than you wanna be

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'd like to be there for sure, but I wouldn't be calling shots either. I feel like Jerry is alot more hands on than you wanna be

Well let's just say if my GM or HC just tried to pull some crap like bob just did? I would definitely be hands on with that personnel change but in a different way. 

CarefreeMatureFoal-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 1:57 AM, JustAnotherFan said:

Running a small business is not easy so I would be terrible at it. Just like everyone else on this site.

It's easy to sit back and play armchair GM where you think you have a plan in mind with no real consequences, but none of us really know what most owners/GM's do on a day-to-day basis. And I imagine that there are FAR more details that go into the job than any of us would ever even think of that would throw off us off track and blind side us in ways that we never imagined. 

Obviously, but I wasn't really asking how good any of us would be at it, but more like what you think your style would be, as some are more hands on than others, some more willing to spend than others in diff ways etc...regardless, thanks for an adult answer.

On 3/18/2020 at 7:55 AM, TheBeast23 said:

Trust my GM and coaching to make the calls. Be a hands off owner as I have seen what being too in control can do to a team such as Dallas. I’d be in the middle spending wise. Get a good coach and commit to him and not have a revolving door like Cleveland had and so many others 

This is one of the most common mistakes IMO, expecting instant success and changing coaches or GMs too quickly. Browns have been poorly run for a long time.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 10:10 AM, Roninho said:

Yeah probably like this. I know i dont have the talent for being a gm, and thats why i would try to hire a capable one.

However that gm (and coach) will have to accept that i'm going to be around on a daily basis, to get the info and explanations on what they do and why and give my opinion on it. 

Agree w/this too. I would want the experts to run the show, but I'd want to be involved and understand why they are doing what they do.

Me?

Entitled jerk who inherited the team; largely ignorant about football; loose-cannon type; enable outmoded GM to make bizarre personnel decisions; waffling, erratic executive; grotesque haircut:

(I already have hair like this, by the way)

Raiders owner Mark Davis wants to stay in Oakland, but he needs a new stadium to do it. (USATSI)