Sign in to follow this  
Acgott

LB Blake Martinez signs with Giants

He’s solid just not special. He’ll make the right run read and average 10 tackles a game. Doesn’t provide coverage ability though

12 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I hope this takes you out of the Isaiah Simmons race

Pretty sure it did, at this point i see Dave Gettleman setting us up to go after this drafts strengthes. OL, DBs and WRs. We are aiming for a trade down. 

13 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I hope this takes you out of the Isaiah Simmons race

I don't think it does. This is a replacement for Ogletree. Fackrell is a replacement for Golden, who I suspect won't be resigned. With just replacements, our defense still needs a massive influx on talent and upgrades. Simmons definitely shouldn't be counted out yet.

23 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I don't think it does. This is a replacement for Ogletree. Fackrell is a replacement for Golden, who I suspect won't be resigned. With just replacements, our defense still needs a massive influx on talent and upgrades. Simmons definitely shouldn't be counted out yet.

I don’t think we got any better or plugged any holes despite spending the cash. I don’t believe CB was gonna be an early need.  We still need a LT, RT, OC, ILB, FS, Edge. Estimates are we have about $11M in cap space left so we are likely done. 

Our best bet is to trade back several times and accumulate picks and hope we can walk away with Queen, Baun/Uche, Ruiz/Cushenberry, and a tackle. 

3 hours ago, Kodaraw said:

I don’t think we got any better or plugged any holes despite spending the cash. I don’t believe CB was gonna be an early need.  We still need a LT, RT, OC, ILB, FS, Edge. Estimates are we have about $11M in cap space left so we are likely done. 

Our best bet is to trade back several times and accumulate picks and hope we can walk away with Queen, Baun/Uche, Ruiz/Cushenberry, and a tackle. 

I truly believe this is whats coming. He is going to trade back and allocate picks. In my mock i wrote on this website, i have only 1 trade down from DG in rd1 but i think now it could be more coming with him.