Question for 49ers fans:

Hey, folks. In my mock on here, what with all these crazy trades we've just had, I have you guys selecting CeeDee Lamb at #13. I have Jeudy and Ruggs going just ahead of your pick, to the Jets and Raiders, respectively. Good selection of maybe BPA, or do something different? Appreciate feedback on this one.

Hard to say what this braintrust will do. We typically don't get a great idea of who our ideal pick is until about a week before the draft. And it could be some wildly unexpected avenue. 

Chances are it would be either a WR, DT, OT, CB, IOL are the most likely bets, perhaps in that order.

48 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Hard to say what this braintrust will do. We typically don't get a great idea of who our ideal pick is until about a week before the draft. And it could be some wildly unexpected avenue. 

Chances are it would be either a WR, DT, OT, CB, IOL are the most likely bets, perhaps in that order.

Gotcha. How would you feel, personally, about the selection of Lamb? Great/good/bad?

34 minutes ago, Suffering_Bills said:

Gotcha. How would you feel, personally, about the selection of Lamb? Great/good/bad?

Lamb would be a player with whom I would be incredibly excited to have on the team. Same with a number of receivers. But Lamb especially. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Lamb would be a player with whom I would be incredibly excited to have on the team. Same with a number of receivers. But Lamb especially. 

4 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

As of today Lamb would be my dream scenario followed by Jeudy and finally a trade down if neither are available. 

I third this! Would love to see my fave Sooner WR in the last 10 years or so as a 9er!  

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I third this! Would love to see my fave Sooner WR in the last 10 years or so as a 9er!  

So YOU would probably know more than most. 

Does Lamb have the toughness and swag that Kyle seems to covet???

Edited by oldman9er

58 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

So YOU would probably know more than most. 

Does Lamb have the toughness and swag that Kyle seems to covet???

He makes tougher 50/50 catches than pretty much anyone else. So good with his hands too. Won't create as much separation but will make tougher catches than Jeudy. 

Mims is a guy not to ignore. Another tough pass catcher but with size. If for some reason we don't go WR with one of our first picks or in free agency or via trade, look for Pittman around late 2nd or found 3 if we're able to trade down and accumulate draft picks. 

• Like 3

People are totally ignoring Justin Jefferson too and its ashame because I think he's right below Jeudy and Lamb for me. I really hope we can find a trade partner and land somewhere in the 20s. I wouldn't hesitate to grab either Jefferson or Mims in that scenario. Reagor either. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Not to impugn your evidence here too hard, but this was not a particularly strong case of toughness. Great moves followed by a pathetic tackle attempt; make sure #46 stays the heck off our team!!!!  :P 

It was the only one I could find on giphy! Haha seriously just watch any of his highlight cutups, the dude is a monster.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

People are totally ignoring Justin Jefferson too and its ashame because I think he's right below Jeudy and Lamb for me. I really hope we can find a trade partner and land somewhere in the 20s. I wouldn't hesitate to grab either Jefferson or Mims in that scenario. Reagor either. 

I haven’t watched a lot of Mims yet, but he seems very boom-or-bust to me. Seems like he’s more of an athlete than a receiver at this point. I’ve seen some and he’s made some pretty impressive catches, but from what I understand, he also has had enough drops that it has been mentioned in scouting reports. I’m going to have to watch some more of him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I haven’t watched a lot of Mims yet, but he seems very boom-or-bust to me. Seems like he’s more of an athlete than a receiver at this point. I’ve seen some and he’s made some pretty impressive catches, but from what I understand, he also has had enough drops that it has been mentioned in scouting reports. I’m going to have to watch some more of him.

Yes, with Mims the drop rate is by far the most concerning thing. And he didn't get to show technical refinement at Baylor because they basically threw him a billion back shoulder fades. At the Senior Bowl, he ran a full route tree brilliantly, seperating very Hopkins like with strength, precision, and sharp cuts. I'm not sure if the silly way he was used partially explains the drop rate (I haven't seen every snap), but it does explain the relatively low YAC/catch. When the dude caught one of our common routes in stride, he just about housed it. He adores to block. Maybe more than anyone in the class. For us, running outside a ton of plays, that has at least a little value. I love him, though the drop rate is a real downside (the same way it was for Deebo). I like Pittman, too. And his hands are the most reliable in the class. But he just isn't as explosive on film as guys like Mims, Reagor, and Aiyuk. 40 times don't show that for me as much as verticals and broad jumps and Pittman only confirmed the lack of explosiveness at the combine. I think he's a valuable piece - he can stack on fades well for a guy his size and won't drop the ball- but I want more explosion in the first and early second round this year. The quality means you can afford to be choosy.

• Like 1