Week 3: Seattle Seahawks @ Tennessee Titans

showtime

The game takes place on Sunday, September 24th at 4:05pm EST.  Both the Tennessee Titans and the Seattle Seahawks come into this game with identical 1-1 records.  This match-up is really interesting because both teams play in divisions that are completely up for grabs, thus, each game is extremely critical.  I am honestly not sure what will happen in this game.  Last week vs the 49ers, I was really hoping the Seahawks offensive woes would start to be solved, but it only got worse.  I am honestly not sure if we will even be able to get into the endzone vs the Titans.  Our offensive line is as bad as it's ever been and I believe it's negatively impacting the rhythm of the passing game.  

As far as the Titans go, Marcus Mariota has not had the electric start to the season I had hoped for and it will only get tougher for him vs the Seahawks defense.  I honestly have not seen very many Titans games so far this season, so hopefully their fans can jump in and enlighten us on what the Seahawks are up against!

I predict the Seahawks win.  The game will probably be very sloppy and hard fought.  I am sincerely hoping the Seahawks can get their act together on the offensive end.  Maybe we see some new offensive formations this week, add in some option plays to keep opposing defenses off balance and let Russell Wilson utilize his legs more.

The thing about Mariota if you let him get into a rhythm he can be a a top 10 QB but if he doesn't have the time if he is flushed out of the pocket most of the time he isn't going to have a good game. 

Mariota is a hard guy to figure out sometime he can be accurate as any top tier QB other times he can have the worst games. I know you guys have an awesome defense but I really think if Seahawks let him get going early it will be a close game. If he doesn't get going you guys should win.  I hope he is just inconsistent because he hasn't played a full season in the NFL and injuries. 

Titans really can't do much without Mariota interviews with Titan players all have said he is their rock. 

I don't have much confidence going into this game. First east coast trip of the season usually spells doom for the Hawks. As does their September road record as of late (2-10 I think). Offensive woos are convincing Bevell to be very Vanilla, and the "New and Improved" Russell seems to be reverting back to some of his bad tendencies (Giving up on pockets too soon, forcing throws). 

If Seattle is going to win they cannot let Tennessee continue the Seahawks defensive tradition of letting home teams jump out ahead quickly.  They have to get to Marcus early and often, and cannot allow the Titans RB's to get anything consistently going. If they cant do either of those things, its gonna be a long day. 

Hot take- Titans by two scores (but I am always a Negative Nancy who always hopes to be proven wrong). 

I really want to see the Seahawks implement a no-huddle offense on a consistent basis vs the Titans.  Maybe that catches them off-guard a bit and can wear them out on defense if the Seahawks can sustain decently long drives.  Mix in some runs for Russell Wilson and we could have a pretty decent tempo offense.  That may be better than what we have consistently been doing thus far.

My bold prediction before the season was that Seattle would miss the playoffs, which was all based behind how bad the offensive line is. I've said it numerous times that I have no idea how Seattle's front office can justify putting such god awful protection in front of one of the best QBs in football. Need to fire whoever is in charge of scouting offensive linemen for you(and get rid of Tom Cable, not sure why he's still coaching in this league).

I feel like this is a game the Titans SHOULD win(I went in to this year predicting the game as a loss, but after looking at how truly bad the Seahawks o-line is(it's worse than I even thought, which was really bad to begin with) and that teams can have some success running the ball, I think the Titans have a better matchup here), but with Wilson at QB, Seattle has a chance in every game.

4 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

My bold prediction before the season was that Seattle would miss the playoffs, which was all based behind how bad the offensive line is. I've said it numerous times that I have no idea how Seattle's front office can justify putting such god awful protection in front of one of the best QBs in football. Need to fire whoever is in charge of scouting offensive linemen for you(and get rid of Tom Cable, not sure why he's still coaching in this league).

I feel like this is a game the Titans SHOULD win(I went in to this year predicting the game as a loss, but after looking at how truly bad the Seahawks o-line is(it's worse than I even thought, which was really bad to begin with) and that teams can have some success running the ball, I think the Titans have a better matchup here), but with Wilson at QB, Seattle has a chance in every game.

If DeMarco Murray is somewhat limited or even unable to play, I think that would hurt the Titans a bit.  I know Derrick Henry is a very talented young back, but he has never had a game in his career in which he has had over 16 carries.  In fact, he only has a handful of games when he has double digit carries.  Carlos Hyde ran for 124 yards last week vs the Seahawks defense, but 61 of those yards came on one run.  Outside of that one run, Hyde accounted for 63 yards rushing on 14 carries - and while that's still good, it's not insanely bad like it looks when you add in his 61 yard run.  During week one vs the Packers, the Seahawks defense did a really nice job limiting their rushing attack.  With all that said, if the Seahawks can limit the huge play, it might be harder than you expect to run the football against them.

13 hours ago, showtime said:

If DeMarco Murray is somewhat limited or even unable to play, I think that would hurt the Titans a bit.  I know Derrick Henry is a very talented young back, but he has never had a game in his career in which he has had over 16 carries.  In fact, he only has a handful of games when he has double digit carries.  Carlos Hyde ran for 124 yards last week vs the Seahawks defense, but 61 of those yards came on one run.  Outside of that one run, Hyde accounted for 63 yards rushing on 14 carries - and while that's still good, it's not insanely bad like it looks when you add in his 61 yard run.  During week one vs the Packers, the Seahawks defense did a really nice job limiting their rushing attack.  With all that said, if the Seahawks can limit the huge play, it might be harder than you expect to run the football against them.

Derrick Henry getting a buttload of carries really isn't a concern. In fact, it's probably a positive for him. He's the definition of a workhorse, old school back. The more carries he gets, the better he becomes. Hell, his last year in college he had games where he carried it 46, 44, 38 & 36 times.

I think the run game aspect is going to come down to how you guy's offense performs and TOP. If your offense struggles and the defense is constantly on the field, I think it could be similar to how our Jags game went where the defense begins to slowly where down and fatigue. If your offense gets it together and sustains long drives, I think your run defense should be fine.

That's a fair point.  The Seahawks offense has been extremely poor to start the season.  Week one vs the Packers, the defense did seem to become fatigued from constantly having to be on the field.  Supposed the Seahawks really gear up to stop the run.  How do you feel your passing game would hold up vs the Seahawks pass defense?  I'm a really big fan of Delanie Walker and Rishard Matthews was really good last season.  I really like the Seahawks secondary, but the Titans do have some talented weapons in the passing game and I think the world of Marcus Mariota as a player.

29 minutes ago, showtime said:

That's a fair point.  The Seahawks offense has been extremely poor to start the season.  Week one vs the Packers, the defense did seem to become fatigued from constantly having to be on the field.  Supposed the Seahawks really gear up to stop the run.  How do you feel your passing game would hold up vs the Seahawks pass defense?  I'm a really big fan of Delanie Walker and Rishard Matthews was really good last season.  I really like the Seahawks secondary, but the Titans do have some talented weapons in the passing game and I think the world of Marcus Mariota as a player.

On a scale of 1-10 of how confident I am of our passing game vs your passing D, I'd say I'm at a 4. Our passing game is still trying to find itself a bit, and the Seahawks pass D is not exactly the team to try and figure it out on. We still have some new pieces(Corey Davis who is out this game, Eric Decker and Taywan Taylor) that need to gel with Mariota. It's clear at this point that Mariota is most comfortable with the guys you mentioned, Matthews and Walker. And while our OL is pretty good, your front 4 scares me to death, especially on passing downs.

If this were week 12, instead of week 3, I'd feel much better about our passing game.

On 9/21/2017 at 3:01 PM, TitanSlim said:

On a scale of 1-10 of how confident I am of our passing game vs your passing D, I'd say I'm at a 4. Our passing game is still trying to find itself a bit, and the Seahawks pass D is not exactly the team to try and figure it out on. We still have some new pieces(Corey Davis who is out this game, Eric Decker and Taywan Taylor) that need to gel with Mariota. It's clear at this point that Mariota is most comfortable with the guys you mentioned, Matthews and Walker. And while our OL is pretty good, your front 4 scares me to death, especially on passing downs.

If this were week 12, instead of week 3, I'd feel much better about our passing game.

I really have confidence in the Seahawks defense vs the Titans offense; however, I am absolutely terrified of the Seahawks offensive line holding up vs the Titans front seven.  I think in order for the Seahawks to win, they will have to force turnovers and possibly even score points defensively.  Otherwise, it will be another long grind out game and I think that favors the home team a lot of the time.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

I really have confidence in the Seahawks defense vs the Titans offense; however, I am absolutely terrified of the Seahawks offensive line holding up vs the Titans front seven.  I think in order for the Seahawks to win, they will have to force turnovers and possibly even score points defensively.  Otherwise, it will be another long grind out game and I think that favors the home team a lot of the time.

That's my main concern. If there's one knock I have with Mariota, it's that he had some critical interception or fumble that ending up costing us(see last year's games against the Vikings and Chargers).

Hopefully that won't be the case Sunday.

Archived