Week 3: Seattle Seahawks @ Tennessee Titans

showtime

2 minutes ago, RandomCampBody said:

Pee Carroll has to realise that the offense we play when we are down is the one we have to start with, we don't have the players on offense to do anything else.

I think part of that is because teams change the way they play when they're down or up by a large amount.  After the Titans went up 30-14, they kind of took their foot off the gas a bit and played more conservatively to prevent massive plays.

Hope the guys that were taken off the field are just fatigued and they will be ok. 

A fun game. 

I'm not saying I told you so or anything but when Mariota get's going the entire offense clicks. He is the rock of the Titans. If Hawks could have pressured Mariota it would have been a completely different game. 

Mariota can run outside of the pocket but he can't throw. They are either to low or too high. 

Furious about this game. When they said the temp at the start I knew the defenses were both going to be gassed by the 4th. I was yelling all first half to RUN. THE. BALL. It doesn't matter if we get yards or not. Point is to wear out the other defense. That was the strat we used for years with Lynch. I don't know why we've abandoned it. So frustrating to see drive after drive start with Wilson looking to throw deep on the first play. Then it falls incomplete and it ends up just being a dead drive. I miss the Run-Run-Pass offense

1 minute ago, Fidgit said:

Furious about this game. When they said the temp at the start I knew the defenses were both going to be gassed by the 4th. I was yelling all first half to RUN. THE. BALL. It doesn't matter if we get yards or not. Point is to wear out the other defense. That was the strat we used for years with Lynch. I don't know why we've abandoned it. So frustrating to see drive after drive start with Wilson looking to throw deep on the first play. Then it falls incomplete and it ends up just being a dead drive. I miss the Run-Run-Pass offense

There is no running back on the roster that was as good as Marshawn Lynch during his peak with the Seahawks.  

I don't really think the offense was that big of a deal in this loss.  The defense got absolutely shredded by the Titans, especially in the third quarter.  The offense did enough, throughout the course of the game, to win the game.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

There is no running back on the roster that was as good as Marshawn Lynch during his peak with the Seahawks.  

I don't really think the offense was that big of a deal in this loss.  The defense got absolutely shredded by the Titans, especially in the third quarter.  The offense did enough, throughout the course of the game, to win the game.

Gotta disagree. TOP was 2 to 1 in the first half. That's not on the defense. Carter/Rawls/Lacy might not be Lynch, but the point is to just get the defense line have to work on all those run plays.

Our Dline was gassed in the second half after totally smothering the run game in the first half. Couldn't stop runs, couldn't get pressure and their offense went off on us for it. With the heat, this was always a game of "Whoever wears out the other teams defense first wins." Our defense did their job, but they can't keep that up if they are constantly on the field in 100+ degree weather.

Really hope this team comes out mad and smashes the Colts next week. We could really easily be 3-0 right now.

1 minute ago, Fidgit said:

Gotta disagree. TOP was 2 to 1 in the first half. That's not on the defense. Carter/Rawls/Lacy might not be Lynch, but the point is to just get the defense line have to work on all those run plays.

Our Dline was gassed in the second half after totally smothering the run game in the first half. Couldn't stop runs, couldn't get pressure and their offense went off on us for it. With the heat, this was always a game of "Whoever wears out the other teams defense first wins." Our defense did their job, but they can't keep that up if they are constantly on the field in 100+ degree weather.

Really hope this team comes out mad and smashes the Colts next week. We could really easily be 3-0 right now.

The point you make about the first half time of possession is legit.  With that said, the score was 9-7 with the Titans leading at halftime.  The defense just cannot allow the Titans to score 21 points in a single quarter coming out of halftime.  

As far as next week's game, the Seahawks should be favored to beat the Colts.  No offense to the Colts, but they are a bad team right now.

29 minutes ago, showtime said:

The point you make about the first half time of possession is legit.  With that said, the score was 9-7 with the Titans leading at halftime.  The defense just cannot allow the Titans to score 21 points in a single quarter coming out of halftime.  

As far as next week's game, the Seahawks should be favored to beat the Colts.  No offense to the Colts, but they are a bad team right now.

Beat em by as much as possible please.

29 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Beat em by as much as possible please.

Agreed. Break their spirit.

And to echo TL's thoughts, Russell Wilson is just incredible to watch. I'm not sure another quarterback even survives behind that offensive line. His escapability is one of the more ridiculous things to watch in the NFL, that fourth down throw in the fourth quarter was almost unbelievable.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

The defense just cannot allow the Titans to score 21 points in a single quarter coming out of halftime. 

Totally fair. We have too much talent to let that happen.  The defense's lack of turnovers I think is hurting them a lot.

Unrelated Question: What are other people's thoughts about Sherman's PI call on Kam interception. I'm not super up on the rules, but it looked like Sherman was just running and just happened to run into the spot where the guy wanted to cut, and then he cut into Sherman, they collided, and Kam got to where the ball is. Should be unintentional contact and no penalty, right?

Also Sherman's hold on the run back seemed a lot more like a pancake block to me, but I only got one replay on the play, so I might've missed something. Refs were definitely terrible all around today, though.

17 minutes ago, Fidgit said:

Totally fair. We have too much talent to let that happen.  The defense's lack of turnovers I think is hurting them a lot.

Unrelated Question: What are other people's thoughts about Sherman's PI call on Kam interception. I'm not super up on the rules, but it looked like Sherman was just running and just happened to run into the spot where the guy wanted to cut, and then he cut into Sherman, they collided, and Kam got to where the ball is. Should be unintentional contact and no penalty, right?

Also Sherman's hold on the run back seemed a lot more like a pancake block to me, but I only got one replay on the play, so I might've missed something. Refs were definitely terrible all around today, though.

Really good point about the lack of turnovers.  If the defense could force some turnovers, maybe they can put some points on the board or help the offense by putting them in position for easier scores.  There are so many playmakers on the defensive side of the ball that I'm hoping they can start creating turnovers really soon.

As far as Sherman's penalty is concerned - it's hard to say.  I think that depends on how the ref interprets how the play unfolded.  I agree with you.  Sherman got into a spot where Decker was going to cut, so there was contact and Decker lost his footing.  One thing going against Sherman on that play - There was a lot of hand contact before Decker was going to cut.  In fact, Sherman actually had his hands on Decker's back very briefly, then he steps in front of Decker and causes him to lose his footing.  For some reason, Sherman allowed Decker to get in front of him after the ball was snapped and that put him in a poor position.

I think you can look at it either way.

The thing is: the Seahawks is struggling early and being competitive late in the game because they keep getting beaten consistently on the game plan. The Seahawks don't have the right personel to be the type of offense Carroll wants... so... MOVE ON! Shake it up, play to the Seahawks current strenghts, don't pretend Marshawn Lynch is still here. He aint. 

It's on Carroll to change things up. First on my list would be Cable. He has not been effective for almost three years.

Well I wasn't wrong about my assessment. Just the opposite happened. Shame the team couldn't play an entire game together. 

Goes without saying, big plays are killing the Hawks right now. But, to be honest Im not worried. On both long runs Seattle defenders were right there to make the play, but just whiffed. I trust them to fix those mistakes (over pursuing, losing gap responsibility in favor of penetration). 

Offensive line kinda held their water in the 2nd half. Really would have been nice if Russell just tucked the ball and fell down on that intentional grounding play. That really deflated any chance the Hawks had. Actually, it would have been nice if Carson didnt whiff his block! Rookies be Rookies. 

They need to go out next week and win convincingly over the Colts. They should, I expect them to. If they don't, well, this might be a rough year. This offense plays better spread out, working with rhythmic passing. The days of ground and pound, playaction are over. Baldwin+Graham work great in the mid game in traffic, PRich and Lockett spread the field. Especially considering both Carson and CJ are good out of the backfield. OL can be competent as well. I really hope Bevell + Pete see this, and adjust their philosophy.

Archived