Tom Brady Announces He's Leaving New England

ramssuperbowl99

3 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

How is it a cop out if it’s true?

Just because we finally now have the Brady or Bellichick scenario and hardcore Brady fans (mainly my buddy) will use his age as a cop out without giving BB his credit for the level of success. 

The Pats D propped up Brady as a younger guy and Brady probably propped up the Pats with weaker rosters. Just the perfect pairing of guys at the right time and the right system. 

Just now, .Buzz said:

So you think if they get a solid veteran like I mentioned that QB doesn't improve their recent play/take a step forward (although NE needs to improve it's weapons/Harry needs to take a step up)?

No, I don’t believe that a QB magically becomes a better QB due to a system that supposedly exists.

Can a defense bail him out, can a run game afford him to do less, yes....but NE has neither of those. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

No, I don’t believe that a QB magically becomes a better QB due to a system that supposedly exists.

Can a defense bail him out, can a run game afford him to do less, yes....but NE has neither of those. 

Guess we'll see. I'm not acting as if a guy goes to NE and magically is good, but I do think they run things the right way there and know how to get the most out of a player which is my point.

Get a solid vet like either listed and you aren't picking high enough for Lawrence or Fields imo.

Edited by .Buzz

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

Just because we finally now have the Brady or Bellichick scenario and hardcore Brady fans (mainly my buddy) will use his age as a cop out without giving BB his credit for the level of success. 

The Pats D propped up Brady as a younger guy and Brady probably propped up the Pats with weaker rosters. Just the perfect pairing of guys at the right time and the right system. 

Eh, I don’t think using one persons position is a good excuse to say something is in actuality a cop out. 

if he gives BB zero credit I disagree, if he gives Brady more credit than BB, I don’t think that’s a crazy stance. 

Just now, .Buzz said:

Guess we'll see. I'm not acting as if a guy goes to NE and magically is good, but I do think they run things the right way there and know how to get the most out of a player which is my point.

Get a solid vet like either listed and you aren't picking high enough for Lawrence or Fields imo.

I can agree with this in general, I just don’t think NE/BB has the flexibility of being able to slack on skill position offensive players anymore because Brady is gone, and that is going to greatly diminish those security blankets.