Tom Brady Announces He's Leaving New England

ramssuperbowl99

6 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

I'm usually with you on things like this. But I also thought there was zero chance Brady leaves New England...

I mean, in fairness, I thought the same LOL. And I thought Buckner wasn't going anywhere. 

But there's a whole mess of logical reasons that making this switch right now just doesn't work for me. Now, they are not impossible to get away from, but there are definitely obstacles. It's fun for an article to write, but otherwise I just can't see it. 

Besides, I'm not even sure how good Brady is at this point. Pats fans told me he was fine last year, and it was the team around him, and I'm not going to pretend to have watched every Pats game, but when I did watch, I didn't find him to be awesome or anything. 

20 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Signing a QB should only really be a temporary measure for the Patriots.

They really need to pick their QB of the future in the Draft.

They will probably crash and burn this year like the year the Spurs lost David Robinson to injury and then got Duncan in the draft...but in the next draft the Pats will get Trevor Lawrence and will be on a 20-year tear again.   Let's hope not because I want to see news teams in the AFC East win, but I am just saying...Bill could figure a way to tank.  

37 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

It’s really a question that can only be answered one way, if Brady goes to another team and has a lot of success, wins and maybe gets a ring he will dispell the ‘system’ thing as a myth no doubt. However, the likelihood is that he’ll go to a different team, play well for a year or two and the Pats will still be competitive leaving us all none the wiser. Of course, if Brady plays poorly and doesn’t find success elsewhere there will always be that doubt or caveat that he is In hIs forties and not the same QB as previously so we’ll not be able to say definitively.

The whole system thing was always a myth. The only people who believe it are idiots.

58 minutes ago, N4L said:

It's a 6 hour drive, not that he would ever drive 

Brady wontbe a Niner 

The distinction was not whether Brady would be Niner, it was the distance from LA to where Brady grew up and how LA is not home thus doesn't make sense to say Brady will choose between "home" (i.e. LA) and the TB Buccs.

Just now, Elky said:

The whole system thing was always a myth. The only people who believe it are idiots.

You're right.  Brady is not a system QB.  He is one of the best all-time.  At the same time, if you put every "One of the best all-time" QBs of the past 30 years on those Patriots teams with Belichick, they all walk away with the same amount of Super Bowl wins if not more.  

18/14 TD/INT ratio in Championship games. 
28/41 games defense allowed under 23 points.
20/41 games offense scored over 24 points. 

#Belichick'snameisbiggeronthoseLombardis. 

#PatriotsgetfurtherinpostseasontherestofBrady'scareer