Phillip Rivers signs with Colts - 1 year, 25M

.Buzz

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, I think he's about worst case scenario for them tbh. Rivers has had talent in LA and nothing has come of it.

I think Foles behind that OL and with maybe another WR via the draft with TY/Doyle would be much better personally. 

Foles isn't a better option at all. I'm not a fan of Rivers coming here now that we don't have the first round pick but I would like the Foles signing even less. 

Just now, seriously27 said:

Foles isn't a better option at all. I'm not a fan of Rivers coming here now that we don't have the first round pick but I would like the Foles signing even less. 

Foles issue in JAX is the OL protection. When he has a solid team around him (plus he'd have Reich who was part of his run in PHI) he provides a legit shot. Not to mention when they get to the playoffs (they would), he has proven he performs.

21 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Anything that stops that crackhead Jim Irsay from getting his hands on Trevor Lawrence is fine by me.

I actually think it's going to be Jordan Love or Justin Herbert as caddy. Rivers isn't going to play beyond three years, IMO.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I actually think it's going to be Jordan Love or Justin Herbert as caddy. Rivers isn't going to play beyond three years, IMO.

Not with 13th overall gone.

Edited by .Buzz
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Foles issue in JAX is the OL protection. When he has a solid team around him (plus he'd have Reich who was part of his run in PHI) he provides a legit shot. Not to mention when they get to the playoffs (they would), he has proven he performs.

My problem is I think Foles has just as much chance to be middling to good, and hold the colts up from getting an actual qb who could get them over the hump. Rivers is on borrowed time and that's known. Foles would have the ability to hold this franchise up for years if he plays just "good enough." I think we've seen what he is and I don't think the colts should settle. 

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Not without that first round draft pick. 

Edited by seriously27

4 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

My problem is I think Foles has just as much chance to be middling to good, and hold the colts up from getting an actual qb who could get them over the hump. Rivers is on borrowed time and that's known. Foles would have the ability to hold this franchise up for years if he plays just "good enough." I think we've seen what he is and I don't think the colts should settle. 

Not without that first round draft pick. 

That team has a fantastic OL, solid weapons, and a very solid D that just added an elite DL in Buckner. He's the type, with the right team around him, to give you a shot. That's my thoughts.

As a Jags fan, I'd rather see them sign Rivers and we deal Foles to NE or CHI. I think Indy could be dangerous with a solid QB which I think Foles would be for them.

Just now, .Buzz said:

That team has a fantastic OL, solid weapons, and a very solid D that just added an elite DL in Buckner. He's the type, with the right team around him, to give you a shot. That's my thoughts.

As a Jags fan, I'd rather see them sign Rivers and we deal Foles to NE or CHI. I think Indy could be dangerous with a solid QB which I think Foles would be for them.

The weapons thing is a bit of a reach at this point. Solid RB in Mack and a great number 1 in TY. Pretty good TE in Doyle too but that's really it. The rest of the wr's are nonexistent and Ebron faded away and won't be resigned. Plus both TY and Doyle had injury problems last year that really showed the lack of depth in that area. Things could change and I definitely see what you are saying, I just don't have as much faith in Foles as you do at this point in time. 

5 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

The weapons thing is a bit of a reach at this point. Solid RB in Mack and a great number 1 in TY. Pretty good TE in Doyle too but that's really it. The rest of the wr's are nonexistent and Ebron faded away and won't be resigned. Plus both TY and Doyle had injury problems last year that really showed the lack of depth in that area. Things could change and I definitely see what you are saying, I just don't have as much faith in Foles as you do at this point in time. 

Which I would say is plenty enough. A good WE, above average RB, and rock solid TE (to go with a fantastic OL) isn't a good supporting cast? Not to mention this draft is loaded at WR.

That's fair though, we'll see. Hopefully they go with Rivers and someone still trades for Foles. One can dream.