Vikings Mock Drafts

The Gnat

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Here's the one non-simulated mock that I do every year.  It's really just a consensus of all the simulated mocks that I've done...

1.22  OT Josh Jones (Houston) - Best offensive lineman left on the board and with high upside.  Since he's a 4-year starter, he'll likely be able to get up to speed quickly.

1.25  CB Jeff Gladney (TCU) - He is a good fit for Zimmer's defense and has a competitive nature to him, which would be good to see 

2.58  WR Denzel Mims (Baylor) - The thought is that he won't last this long, but he often did in my simulated mocks, so if he does, he's an immediate starter.

3.89  DT Justin Madubuike (Texas A&M) - If he happens to still be around in the 3rd round, he'd be a good rotational piece at 3T/NT

3.105  C/OG Matt Hennessy (Temple)  While he mainly played C at Temple, he could certainly transition to a zone-blocking guard at the NFL level.

4.132  QB Anthony Gordon (Washington St) - I'm still interested in drafting a mid-round QB to develop behind Cousins.  While Jalen Hurts would be my ideal guy to draft here (and was actually the most frequent guy drafted here in my sims), it's not likely that he'd be here, so I went with my next likely option, as he's got some tools to work with...I also considered James Morgan.

5.155  WR K.J. Hill (Ohio St) - He's certainly not an athletic freak, which is why he'll still be available, but like Diggs, he's a polished route runner out of college, so he'll know how to get open.

6.205  DE D.J. Wonnum (South Carolina) - This is the exact type of guy that the Vikings covet for a DE, as he's a guy with a good physical traits, but needs a lot of work on his technique.  -

6.207  RB Darrynton Evans (Appalachian St) - He is the depth receiving type of RB that the Vikings currently lack...think of him as the new version of Jerick McKinnon...plus he has return ability.

7.239  LB Kamal Martin (Minnesota) - Martin seems like a guy that could be a significant contributor on special teams and could develop as backup depth at LB.

7.249  S Antoine Brooks, Jr (Maryland) - His likely role would be as a backup S/nickel back and special teams ace.

7.253  OT/OG Tremayne Anchrum (Clemson) - He'd be the developmental rotational o-lineman....likely at OG for the Vikings.

This would be about as good as the team could do IMO.  Jones would be the highest OL likely to be on the board. If the team did take a WR in the 1st I’d want it to be Mims (or Jefferson), so great getting him at 58.  I would be happy taking Madubuike in the second. Hennessy is my favorite pick and I think he is a real target for the team in round 3 or a trade up/down. 

• Like 1

RD1. OT- Mekhi Becton: I see him dropping because of his failed drug test and questions about if he can stay at a playable weight. He is definitely a boom or bust player.

RD1 CB- A.J. Terrell: Good at man coverage even if he's a bit grabby. He has the height, weight attributes the Zimmer loves in his CB's.

RD2. CB- Jaylon Johnson: About the same size as Terrell. The biggest difference between the two is that Johnson is a bit more aggressive and will sometimes get burned because of that. Zimmer is going to think it's Christmas and his Birthday all in one!

RD3. QB- Jalen Hurts: Vikings pull something out of the Patriots playbook by drafting Hurts. He has the chance to learn under a top 12 QB and a great OC for the next couple of years. If we win with Kirk then we might be able to get a decent draft pick for him in a trade and if don't win with Kirk then we can roll with Jalen.

RD3. WR- Van Jefferson: We lost one of the best route runners when we traded Diggs now we replace him with possibly the best route runners coming out this year. Jefferson will be 24 when the season starts which is kinda old for a rookie.

RD4. DE- Khalid Kareem: Long and strong DE. Wins with a good bull rush but not much else. Will have develope some more pass rushing moves to become a starter. Good run defender though.

RD5. S- Julian Blackmon: Former corner back so he has some coverage skills. Still learning how to play the position. In time he could develope into a decent starter. 

RD6 DT- Khalil Davis: I like the Davis twins. Khalil is the better of the two though. He should be able to find his way on the team as a rotational guy.

RD6. G- Jake Hanson: Ideal fit for the ZBS we utilize. Has good lateral movement. Must strengthen  his core muscles to help with POA.

RD7. ED- Carter Coughlin: Very productive player in college. Because of his size limitations he will need to earn a spot on ST.

249. RB- Raymond Calais: Small guy with great speed. He's also strong with 20 reps at the combine. He's has great burst through holes good vision. Could be a steal this late.

253. WR- Tyrie Cleveland: Good size and hands. He needs to polish up his route running. He gets knocked for his lack of production but that should be expected coming from an offense that has 3 NFL caliber receivers.

This is my last mock draft for the season. This one is without using a Sim. I'm finishing up my full 7 rounder that I'll post in the Mock Draft forum later.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vikings209 said:

RD1. OT- Mekhi Becton: I see him dropping because of his failed drug test and questions about if he can stay at a playable weight. He is definitely a boom or bust player.

With those concerns, I wonder if he might even fall out of the first round?

Tossing my hat into the ring at the buzzer...

1.22: TRADED to Baltimore (used to select Kenneth Murray). Minnesota receives 1.28, 3.92, and Baltimore's 2021 3rd

1.25: Josh Jones, OT, Houston

1.28 (from Baltimore): Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah

2.58: KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State

3.81 Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech (Acquired from Las Vegas in exchange for 3.89, 5.155, 7.249)

3.92 (from Baltimore): Van Jefferson, WR, Florida

3.105. TRADED to New England (used to select James Morgan). Minnesota acquires 4.125, 5.172, and 7.230

4.125 (from New England): Alton Robinson, EDGE, Syracuse

4.132: McTelvin Agim, DT, Arkansas

5.172 (from New England): JR Reed, SAF, Georgia

6.201: Lamar Jackson, CB, Nebraska

6.205: James Proche, WR, SMU

7.219: Nate Stanley, QB, Iowa

7.230 (from New England): Jeff Thomas, WR, Miami

7.253: Nigel Warrior, SAF, Tennessee

• Like 1