Vikings Mock Drafts

The Gnat

This is the "Zim, you'll get no cornerbacks in this draft and like it" mock.  This would NEVER happen because Zim would revolt if we didn't take any CB's but it didn't turn out too badly until the site locked up on me in the middle of the 6th round.  I'm not sure what to think about the grades either, but if my kid had a report card like that, I guess I'd take it.  Anyway, here's what you would have gotten if I were your GM and the board fell the way it did in my sim: 

Round 1 Pick 22: Yetur Gross-Matos, DE/OLB, Penn State (B+)
Round 1 Pick 25: Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU (B+)
Round 2 Pick 26: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (A)  (I'd really like to get Mims, especially if he falls this far).
Round 3 Pick 25: Robert Hunt, OT, UL-Lafayette (A+)
Round 3 Pick 41 (COMP): Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma (A+)  (I'm not a big fan of his, but thought he might be a good value here)
Round 4 Pick 26: Jon Runyan, OG, Michigan (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic (A+)
Round 6 Pick 22: Antoine Brooks, FS/SS, Maryland (A+)
Round 6 Pick 26: Krys Barnes, ILB/OLB, UCLA

Edited by Uncle Buck

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

This is the "Zim, you'll get no cornerbacks in this draft and like it" mock.  This would NEVER happen because Zim would revolt if we didn't take any CB's but it didn't turn out too badly until the site locked up on me in the middle of the 6th round.  I'm not sure what to think about the grades either, but if my kid had a report card like that, I guess I'd take it.  Anyway, here's what you would have gotten if I were your GM and the board fell the way it did in my sim: 

Round 2 Pick 26: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (A)  (I'd really like to get Mims, especially if he falls this far).
Round 3 Pick 41 (COMP): Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma (A+)  (I'm not a big fan of his, but thought he might be a good value here)

I'm kinda coming around to getting Yetur with one of our firsts.  I think he could rotate with Odenigbo or Zettel and maybe rush some from the inside on 3rd and long.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoDakViking said:

I'm kinda coming around to getting Yetur with one of our firsts.  I think he could rotate with Odenigbo or Zettel and maybe rush some from the inside on 3rd and long.

I have to admit to not having done much research on draft prospects this year because I'm just not sure what the team is going for.  It's also a little less exciting when you are picking in the 20s.  Still, it should be fun to see who we end up with.  I went with a lot of the guys I did mainly because I don't want to see us get pushed around in the trenches.  If we could solidify the lines, then Zim could go to work with the secondary and really have a dominant defense.  We obviously need help on the offensive line too.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 12:02 PM, Uncle Buck said:

What site did you use for this one?

On 3/29/2020 at 6:51 PM, Uncle Buck said:

I have to admit to not having done much research on draft prospects this year because I'm just not sure what the team is going for.  It's also a little less exciting when you are picking in the 20s.  Still, it should be fun to see who we end up with.  I went with a lot of the guys I did mainly because I don't want to see us get pushed around in the trenches.  If we could solidify the lines, then Zim could go to work with the secondary and really have a dominant defense.  We obviously need help on the offensive line too.

This draft is so very deep with very, very good players (after the handful of super players are gone) that it's like having 2 picks in the early middle First Round, one pick after that in the late First Round, and 5 more picks in The  2nd and beginning of The 3rd.  So, it actually IS just about as exciting as most years after finishing in the middle of the pack.  I can't wait to see who they end up with.  We may have a trade for Harris during the mid-to-late 2nd, or near the beginning of The 3rd.  That recent rumour that The Vikings are currently negotiating a long-term deal with Harris is most likely a ruse by The Vikings to avoid appearing desperate to trade him, and get more leverage to have the 2 bidders give in and offer a 2nd Rounder (perhaps so they can end up getting Trent Williams for a 3rd Rounder, and making a small profit, by getting a 2nd for Harris).  I think that the fact that they haven't traded Harris by now is that they don't want to accept a measly 3rd Rounder for him.  But, they absolutely can't afford to pay BOTH Williams AND Harris, thus the price-boosting attempt.  Clearly, they need Williams a lot more, and don't want Harris for just one more year and then to lose him for nothing coming back. 

The draft will be quite interesting.  The Vikings may end up with Williams, and yet another high draft choice, so they might well draft the foundation of their next great team this year.  With all those First, 2nd and 3rd Rounders, they could get their needed starting CB, their needed speed-burning #2 WR, to help make defences respect the pass, fill BOTH holes in The OL (even if only one will be able to start at the beginning of the season, and get a quality edge rusher.  Then they still have enough 3rds and 4ths to grab the safety to replace Harris.  I hope all this can happen.  Only 21 players can be drafted before our first choice, and 24 before our 2nd.  So, at least a handful of really solid players are going to drop to picks #22 and 25, because a couple of reaches ALWAYS happen, and also because a few teams are going to move up to pick QBs higher than they should be picked because they are desperate to get one, and the beauty is that The Vikings won't likely want to take one, unless a QB unexpectedly drops ridiculously lower than his value, in which case, it might behoove The Vikings to grab him, have him sit behind Cousins this coming season, and learn this team's system, and The NFL game, and take over next season, after Cousins is traded to San Francisco (who is rumoured to want him more than Garapalo).

Edited by Robb_K
  • Like 1

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 22: Josh Jones, OT, Houston (A-)
Round 1 Pick 25: Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson (A)
Round 2 Pick 26: Antoine Winfield Jr., FS/SS, Minnesota (A)
Round 3 Pick 25: Robert Hunt, OT, Louisiana (A+)
Round 3 Pick 41 (COMP): Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina (A+)
Round 4 Pick 26: K'Von Wallace, FS/SS, Clemson (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Raequan Williams, DT, Michigan St. (A+)
Round 6 Pick 26: D.J. Wonnum, DE, South Carolina (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Trevis Gipson, DE, Tulsa (A+)
Round 7 Pick 5: Reggie Robinson II, CB, Tulsa (A+)
Round 7 Pick 35 (COMP): Carter Coughlin, OLB, Minnesota (A+)
Round 7 Pick 39 (COMP): Patrick Taylor Jr., RB, Memphis (A+)

Time for an updated unrealistic mock. Hate that mock draft engines can be so off, but I don't see how they could ever make them truly realistic with so many variables in play?
I still see some pick numbers off between some others doing mocks, specifically the 5th and 6th RD picks from the Buffalo trade I'm assuming? I see 5-9 or 155th pick on most (nfl.com says 5-10, but they have it numbered wrong due to skipping from 7 to 9), but I see some 5-21 or 167th pick on others. Still don't know which it is?

22: R1P22
OT JOSH JONES - HOUSTON

25: R1P25 
CB KRISTIAN FULTON - LSU

58: R2P26
DL NEVILLE GALLIMORE - OKLAHOMA

89: R3P25 
ANTOINE WINFIELD - MINNESOTA

105: R3P41 
TYLER BIADASZ - WISCONSIN

132: R4P26 
WR DONOVAN PEOPLES-JONES - MICHIGAN

155: R5P9
RB ANTONIO GIBSON - MEMPHIS

201: R6P22 
EDGE CHAUNCEY RIVERS - MISSISSIPPI STATE

205: R6P26 
QB JAMES MORGAN - FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL

219: R7P5 
WR DEZMON PATMON - WASHINGTON STATE

249: R7P35
EDGE JAMES SMITH-WILLIAMS - NC STATE

253: R7P39
BRIAN COLE - MISSISSIPPI STATE

RD1 seems pretty realistic if our FO is leaning towards shoring up our O-line. Plus Zim needs and wants a CB.
RD2 thru 4 were value picks, guys I didn't think would fall that far and couldn't pass up. I don't think the FO will focus on DT that early, but I really like Gallimore. 
RD5 thru 7 were depth picks. I really wanted to select a DE earlier than this, but Jabari Zuniga went right before I selected Winfield. I didn't want to pass him up and reach for another DE, so I pulled the trigger.  Overall, I would be extremely pleased with this draft (no matter how unrealistic it is).

8 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 22: Josh Jones, OT, Houston (A-)
Round 1 Pick 25: Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson (A)
Round 2 Pick 26: Antoine Winfield Jr., FS/SS, Minnesota (A)
Round 3 Pick 25: Robert Hunt, OT, Louisiana (A+)
Round 3 Pick 41 (COMP): Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina (A+)
Round 4 Pick 26: K'Von Wallace, FS/SS, Clemson (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Raequan Williams, DT, Michigan St. (A+)
Round 6 Pick 26: D.J. Wonnum, DE, South Carolina (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Trevis Gipson, DE, Tulsa (A+)
Round 7 Pick 5: Reggie Robinson II, CB, Tulsa (A+)
Round 7 Pick 35 (COMP): Carter Coughlin, OLB, Minnesota (A+)
Round 7 Pick 39 (COMP): Patrick Taylor Jr., RB, Memphis (A+)

Where are you guys getting the one with the grades?!?

On 3/25/2020 at 3:40 PM, swede700 said:

22.Minnesota_Vikings_logo.svg.png  Andrew Thomas, OT  Georgia

25.Minnesota_Vikings_logo.svg.png  A.J. Epenesa, EDGE  Iowa

58.Minnesota_Vikings_logo.svg.png  Damon Arnette, CB  Ohio State

89.Minnesota_Vikings_logo.svg.png  Rashard Lawrence, IDL  LSU

105.Minnesota_Vikings_logo.svg.png  Tyler Biadasz, IOL  Wisconsin

132. Minnesota_Vikings_logo.svg.png  Collin Johnson, WR  Texas

155.Minnesota_Vikings_logo.svg.png  Anthony Gordon, QB  Washington State

201.Minnesota_Vikings_logo.svg.png  Tanner Muse, S  Clemson

205.Minnesota_Vikings_logo.svg.png  Francis Bernard, LB  Utah

219.Minnesota_Vikings_logo.svg.png  Jared Hilbers, IOL  Washington

249.Minnesota_Vikings_logo.svg.png  James Proche, WR  SMU

253.Minnesota_Vikings_logo.svg.png  Chris Williamson, CB  Minnesota

I would definitely say I'd be pleased if the draft fell this way.

This look too good to be true

Just did a 5 round mock that I'm really happy about. If this happened in real life I would cry tears of joy

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

22 Justin Jefferson, WR LSU

25 A.J. Terrell, CB Clemson (okudah, henderson, fulton and gladney all gone)

58 Lucas Niang, OT TCU

89 Jordan Elliott, IDL Missouri

105 Troy Pride Jr., CB Notre Dame

132 Alton Robinson, EDGE Syracuse

155 Isaiah Hodgins, WR Oregon State