lions sign Chase Daniel

flyguy1609

Just now, Superduperman said:

'20 and '21, probably. I'd take it as a trade off. Then with Tua going into his third year you could bounce them. 

Then we'd have another year of roster turnover ('22), team adding more pieces to surround their franchise QB ('23) and then heading into 2024 needing to pay $40M+ to Tua. 

18 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

That's Lions talk. You didn't catch the Ravens talking like that

The Ravens didnt/dont change coaches every 3 years.  But to be fair the found a good one. We seem to sign players that are only good in NE. So will have to wait for their contracts to expire before we can compete if we switch again.  Its a sneaky plan by BQ and MP. 

8 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The Ravens didnt/dont change coaches every 3 years.  But to be fair the found a good one. We seem to sign players that are only good in NE. So will have to wait for their contracts to expire before we can compete if we switch again.  Its a sneaky plan by BQ and MP. 

*It's a sneaky plan by every single GM and head coach.

29 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

That's Lions talk. You didn't catch the Ravens talking like that

John Harbaugh isn't sitting there with a "win games or you're out this season" mandate. He has earned that clout but still.. it's not apples to apples. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

John Harbaugh isn't sitting there with a "win games or you're out this season" mandate.

Guess what, neither are Quinn and Patricia. They have a "compete for the playoffs" mandate. All that means is, if you go under .500 you're fired. Which is a given anyway. That was the most meaningless statement the Lions have ever made, and everyone acts like it meant something

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superduperman said:

Guess what, neither are Quinn and Patricia. They have a "compete for the playoffs" mandate. All that means is, if you go under .500 you're fired. Which is a given anyway. That was the most meaningless statement the Lions have ever made, and everyone acts like it meant something

You think it's a lock that they keep their jobs with an 8-8 record?

18 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

You think it's a lock that they keep their jobs with an 8-8 record?

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

That question wasn't for me, but I do believe this.  I think the question will not arise unless we are 6-10.

Now that we aren't dealing with the Jeff Driskell's/David Blough's of the world at back-up, I think there is a lot less wiggle room. We likely would have won 9-10 games last year with a healthy Stafford. We won 3. If Stafford does go down, you can't really make the same argument because Daniel is a vet guy. He should be able to help you win games when the rest of the team isn't terrible. Even if Stafford does go down, they're going to have to win 7 - 8 games minimum plus have other stuff happen to justify another year.

• Like 1

Just now, LionArkie said:

what do you think they have to finish to keep their jobs?

I'm not sure it's as simple as a line in the sand. I believe it's part record and part situation: if they start 7-3, but fall apart and end the season 8-8, I could absolutely see them getting fired. I just don't think that Ford's decree was anything to dismiss, and I doubt that Quinn and Patricia are doing that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'm not sure it's as simple as a line in the sand. I believe it's part record and part situation: if they start 7-3, but fall apart and end the season 8-8, I could absolutely see them getting fired. I just don't think that Ford's decree was anything to dismiss, and I doubt that Quinn and Patricia are doing that.

I saw it as the Fords trying to pacify the fans.  If there is reason/excuse it will be granted.  For instance, the GB game last year wouldn't be counted against them.  Then the injuries, not their fault.  I feel it will happen, and the excuse will be accepted. I think Martha will let BQ and MP be here for 5 years unless something awful like last season happens.

Just now, LionArkie said:

I saw it as the Fords trying to pacify the fans.  If there is reason/excuse it will be granted.  For instance, the GB game last year wouldn't be counted against them.  Then the injuries, not their fault.  I feel it will happen, and the excuse will be accepted. I think Martha will let BQ and MP be here for 5 years unless something awful like last season happens.

Oh man, I hope so. That would be great for this franchise.