Bears Sign Robert Quinn

HTTRDynasty

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

X is double-team rate

Y is pass rush win rate (i.e. beating your blocker in 2.5 seconds or less)

Or a another dumb-down way to put it.

The line you see going up is the average pass rush win rate (based only on the players listed). The line going down is the pass rush win rate versus double-teams.

Edited by JustAnotherFan

10 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I don't really agree. Fangio and Pagano both did the same thing and they obviously did fine vs the spread offenses. Smith and Trevathan are plus defenders vs the pass, e.t.c. It really comes down to pressure and execution by the other 7 in coverage.  Just sounds like an over-generalization that doesn't hold much weight.  

If anything the Bears need one more really big guy like Beau Allen cheap to help Hicks and Goldman keep the LBs free to roam.  The run defense is what can become suspect when Hicks and Goldman get tired from too many snaps at 330+ pounds.

Just to add to this. Trevathan played injured in the time he did play before missing time.  Smith missing time for personal reasons that messed him up mentally for few games, even when he did come back, played huge role in why the defense could not defend against RB's shooting out of the backfield. None of this was a problem at the start of the season.

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Cowboys loading up on comp picks I see

With the new CBA in place, the owners are gearing up for what is essentially going to be damn near an unlimited amount of money over next 3 years before things start to begin to normalize again. If the expanded playoffs start THIS year.....that's even more money. The expanded 17 game season could begin in 2022 and that's ALOT more money. These next few years are going to be crazy (even more so than this year and not in a good way imo). 

Jerry knows all of this, and so piling up draft picks right now is not really a bad plan for the future if you think about it. 

We all know how Jerry is not afraid to spend money, and so the next few years of free agency is right up his alley. Combine that with a high number of potential draft picks next season and the Cowboys could be a dangerous team for a long time if the right cards are played. Especially, if they can still be a competitive team this year despite the loss of certain key players. Which I think they could be.