Bears sign OLB Robert Quinn 5 years 70 million

WindyCity

hola muchachos !

I jumped on here thinking that most posters would be clammoring for Bridgewater and hate the Quinn signing ha

I would love both ! will certainly settle for Quinn !! Huge GET to pair with Mack and defend v pass !!! 

31 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Nice but that is a lot of $ tied up in the OLB position now.

No more excuses. Need to see more production.

I think that was the entire point of the move.

exact same money, but should expect much better production.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

As well, this is a note to never ever believe anything a coach or GM says. They were so high on Floyd in the January presser, two months later he's gone.

Probably hoping to trade him, or sign him to a reasonable deal...

32 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Nice but that is a lot of $ tied up in the OLB position now.

It's just like a 4-3 team having a couple of high-paid DEs. Not that weird, really. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think that was the entire point of the move.

exact same money, but should expect much better production.

Its what we all or most of us said all offseason.  Cut him and spend that money on someone who can get to QB.

They did.  Good move.  

I think a lot of people believed the pressers and so they were trying to justify keeping him in their head.  

Quinn is a real impact player at a position of both great importance and need...he will present a massive upgrade on Floyd as a pass rusher and the idea of Quinn on the right side...Mack on the left with Hicks and Goldman inside is going to be all sorts of fun to watch.

• Like 2

The biggest external improvements on the offense are yet to come.  Especially at QB.  Pace has to bring in a vet QB whose both good enough to push Mitch and graceful enough to remain as the #2 until it's clear he's legitimately won the #1 spot whenever that may be and the short list is getting even shorter.

We can probably pick up some OL help and a WR with some ability to threaten deep either in the 2nd wave of FA or in the draft but the majority of any improvement will have to come internally from Nagy and his staff.  Forget trickery.  Figure out what your offense can execute well and game plan and play call around that.

Pace seems to be assuring that the defense will remain strong enough to keep us in most games provided the offense can begin to score more than 16-17 points per game.  This team needs to learn how to slip the dagger in earlier then depend on the defense to hold the fort.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, soulman said:

The biggest external improvements on the offense are yet to come.  Especially at QB.  Pace has to bring in a vet QB whose both good enough to push Mitch and graceful enough to remain as the #2 until it's clear he's legitimately won the #1 spot whenever that may be and the short list is getting even shorter.

We can probably pick up some OL help and a WR with some ability to threaten deep either in the 2nd wave of FA or in the draft but the majority of any improvement will have to come internally from Nagy and his staff.  Forget trickery.  Figure out what your offense can execute well and game plan and play call around that.

Pace seems to be assuring that the defense will remain strong enough to keep us in most games provided the offense can begin to score more than 16-17 points per game.  This team needs to learn how to slip the dagger in earlier then depend on the defense to hold the fort.

One could reasonably conclude that the Quinn move is a sign that they’re planning to need to be able to win games 20-16 with some frequency which could be an indicator toward Mitch getting another real shot to keep the job. I could be connecting dots that aren’t there with that too though - Quinn was a needed upgrade regardless of what we did on offense. 

• Like 2