Bears sign OLB Robert Quinn 5 years 70 million

WindyCity

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

One could reasonably conclude that the Quinn move is a sign that they’re planning to need to be able to win games 20-16 with some frequency which could be an indicator toward Mitch getting another real shot to keep the job. I could be connecting dots that aren’t there with that too though - Quinn was a needed upgrade regardless of what we did on offense. 

Quinn was a significant upgrade and close to price you would pay for Floyd.

Depth is still a major issue and will likely rear its ugly head in a 17 game season.  Offense needs to keep defense off field some or Bears are toast again despite all the defensive talent.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soulman said:

I'm kinda shocked Floyd got a $10 mil deal from LA.  He should name his first born after his agent.

They're transitioning to a 4-3 though, aren't they? (Fired Phillips, and all.) If that's the case, it makes sense in that context. 

I'll look it up later...

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

They're transitioning to a 4-3 though, aren't they? (Fired Phillips, and all.) If that's the case, it makes sense in that context. 

I'll look it up later...

Could be they are but where does Floyd fit.  Is he then a SAM OLB?

8 hours ago, FosterTheSkins said:

This guy paired with Mack is going to be brilliant! 

Nice.....thank you.

What I'm seeing is a guy who has a lightening quick first step and speed to turn the corner.  Most of his rushes depend on that more than speed > power as is more often the case with Mack.  He also has a nice battery of moves and good hand fighting skills.

I like Quinn is that prototype weak side rusher so Mack can play the strong side where he's often been more productive against the run as well.  Along with Hicks and RRH who can also rush well that's gonna be a strong front four.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, soulman said:

Nice.....thank you.

What I'm seeing is a guy who has a lightening quick first step and speed to turn the corner.  Most of his rushes depend on that more than sheer speed than speed > power as is more often the case with Mack.  He also has a nice battery of moves and good hand fighting skills.

I like Quinn is that prototype weak side rusher so Mack can play the strong side where he's often been more productive against the run as well.  Along with Hicks and RRH who can also rush well that's gonna be a strong front four.

That's gonna be so nasty. 2nd best Bears line ever? I assume Dent and Hampton would be most people's #1

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The_Romen said:

That's gonna be so nasty. 2nd best Bears line ever? I assume Dent and Hampton would be most people's #1

For their era yes.  The whole line was well above average though.  Even Perry in his rookie year was really, really good.  He declined quickly due to depression, mental illness and addiction.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

For their era yes.  The whole line was well above average though.  Even Perry in his rookie year was really, really good.  He declined quickly due to depression, mental illness and addiction.  

Yup and McMichael was a bad man too. Sucks to hear about Perry, heard he was in bad health but doing slightly better a while ago.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

And one too many biscuits.  :D

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

Yup and McMichael was a bad man too. Sucks to hear about Perry, heard he was in bad health but doing slightly better a while ago.

That Mongo is not also a HOF candidate is a crime.  Few DTs in history have been as effective at rushing the passer as he was.

But we are never gonna see this defense abuse QBs the way the '85 Bears did.  Half the DL and the OLBs would be suspended for the entire season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulman said:

That Mongo is not also a HOF candidate is a crime.  Few DTs in history have been as effective at rushing the passer as he was.

But we are never gonna see this defense abuse QBs the way the '85 Bears did.  Half the DL and the OLBs would be suspended for the entire season.

Marshall hits were brutal.  Guys literally on ground laying flat and not moving. 

People forget he went to Washington and helped them dominate and win a Super Bowl.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Marshall hits were brutal.  Guys literally on ground laying flat and not moving. 

People forget he went to Washington and helped them dominate and win a Super Bowl.  

Remember the hit he put on Eric Hipple from the Lions.  I thought he'd killed the guy.

He's was a killer OLB and yet Mikey McCaskey let him walk away in FA.  He virtually destroyed that team.

• Like 4