Bears sign OLB Robert Quinn 5 years 70 million

WindyCity

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

This is a good move. Major pass rush upgrade and a push financially.

Floyd is only 2 years younger than Quinn.

Yep. If you want to play mind games you can say we "extended" Floyd (draft pick) but improved the player 20-fold. Love this move.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

This is a positive move for Pace moving on from an under performing high pick.

Good news for Floyd is he really isn't a bust. He's a good football player just not good for the amount he was being paid and at OLB. But I thought his career was going off the deep end a few years ago. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Good news for Floyd is he really isn't a bust. He's a good football player just not good for the amount he was being paid and at OLB. But I thought his career was going off the deep end a few years ago. 

Exactly. He's a good player but not worth $13.2M. A souped up Sam Acho?

• Like 2

Oh Pace you've drawn me back in you sly dog. Now this is an exciting one. Still leaves us with a lot of holes, but like others have said, MASSIVE upgrade and is going to be a similar (perhaps if less) cap hit than Floyd.

Mack, Quinn, Hicks... Good luck OLs.

Hope Floyd goes to a 4-3 defense somewhere and does well, but I'm glad we're not paying him $13m in 2020. 

As well, this is a note to never ever believe anything a coach or GM says. They were so high on Floyd in the January presser, two months later he's gone.

Edited by RJ_11
  • Like 1