Free agents

Gibster16226

2 minutes ago, Gibster16226 said:

As other teams are trading for players or signing good free agents , we have no money to sign anyone ,  so this 8-8 team better have one hell of a draft cause as of now we didnt get any better , just putting that out there !!!!!

Ben says hello. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Gibster16226 said:

As other teams are trading for players or signing good free agents , we have no money to sign anyone ,  so this 8-8 team better have one hell of a draft cause as of now we didnt get any better , just putting that out there !!!!!

This is a team that was 8-8 with terrible QB play for much of the year. This is also the same team that has Ben coming back hopefully healthy. Assuming Ben plays even close to normal and the defense is even close to last year, this team is much better than 8-8.

We got the greatest gift of all, Big Ben coming back. On top of Dupree returning, Tuitt returning from injury, Conner staying healthy and returning to pro bowl form, & Diontae Johnson hopefully building off where he left off towards the end of last year, I like our chances.

I don’t need the flashy signings. I actually love where this team is at minus OL depth, a cheap NT, and a veteran WR.

Edited by waffles7

10 minutes ago, waffles7 said:

We got the greatest gift of all, Big Ben coming back. On top of Dupree returning, Tuitt returning from injury, Conner staying healthy and returning to pro bowl form, & Diontae Johnson hopefully building off where he left off towards the end of last year, I like our chances.

I don’t need the flashy signings. I actually love where this team is at minus OL depth, a cheap NT, and a veteran WR.

You forgot to add an ever improving James Washington. He flashed dominance at times last season. I'd also add that I'm really only concerned about interior O-line depth. I like Chuks, Feiler, and Banner. I could see Chuks taking over the LT job in the future. 

Very interested to see where FA goes now. They don't like to have holes going into the draft, so going to be fun to see where they dont think they have holes. 

Biggest questions from me:

- What do we do with Finney? Personally, unless we get a great rate, Im not sold on him as the long term play. A good, secondary starter deal and I could be in, but would still like to address IOL early in the draft. 

- What do they make of the LB room now? Are Ola and Tuzar enough behind Dupree and Watt to go into the draft to potentially find upgraded depth? Are they comfortable with Spillane and UG3 as the Middle backers who will play special teams? 

- What happens at safety? Do they view Hilton as the third safety like I think they do (seriously, I started thinking of him as the 3rd S vs being a CB -- almost completely changed my opinion of him. Im a fan now)? Would that mean they would be comfortable headed into the draft with a depth signing at the min like Dangerfield for ST depth and go into the draft looking or hitting up the late summer market?

- What in the world is the TE position? That's pretty much the whole thought on TE. Its a dump position league wide, probably best to just pray. 

I think they draft a OG/C as this draft is just loaded for C and not bad for OG. 

I think Gillbert and Spillane are set at ILB

Unless they sign Vannett, They will have to get a TE in the draft.  Or wait for after the draft and sign him.  He is not going anywhere

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

I think they draft a OG/C as this draft is just loaded for C and not bad for OG. 

I think Gillbert and Spillane are set at ILB

Unless they sign Vannett, They will have to get a TE in the draft.  Or wait for after the draft and sign him.  He is not going anywhere

I’m not so sure they trust Gilbert to be the top backup ILB next year. 

What a stupid trade that was for Vannett