Raiders sign LB Cory Littleton to 3 years, 36M

.Buzz

Good deal for Littleton on the Raiders' part, considering what we thought he'd get.

Do the Raiders have a lot of money to burn or something? Because they've invested a lot of money into the LB position...which in my eyes is the least important one on defense. Teams should treat it like they do the RB....dont invest much in one guy...

22 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

We’ll have to see how both play out in 2020 but Littleton seems like very good value compared to the deal that Martinez got, not that Martinez isn’t a decent player but we got arguably the best coverage LB available for a fraction more. Coupled with Kwiatkowski and I don’t think you’ll find any Raider fans that are upset with what we’ve done so far.

Not at all I think it's a great move. Even a decent linebacker will be an upgrade for the Giants though. 

A lot of mocks have Kenneth Murray going to the Raiders at 19. Wonder who gets put in that spot now? A WR at 12 and a CB at 19? 

7 minutes ago, baconrad11 said:

Good deal for Littleton on the Raiders' part, considering what we thought he'd get.

Do the Raiders have a lot of money to burn or something? Because they've invested a lot of money into the LB position...which in my eyes is the least important one on defense. Teams should treat it like they do the RB....dont invest much in one guy...

We have a good chunk of change. No exaggeration, we had XFL level LB's last season. We signed Will Compton half way through the season off his couch and he was our starting MIKE. That's unacceptable. Now we have two viable starters and that is huge for the entire D. We have our bookends in Ferrell and Crosby, some decent rotational DT's in Hankins, Hurst, and Hall although noone elite. And a good young CB in Mullen and the same in S with Abram.

We needed playmakers and we got a big one in Littleton. I expect us to sign one more bigger named CB and then in the draft go in with no major needs. 

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We have a good chunk of change. No exaggeration, we had XFL level LB's last season. We signed Will Compton half way through the season off his couch and he was our starting MIKE. That's unacceptable. Now we have two viable starters and that is huge for the entire D. We have our bookends in Ferrell and Crosby, some decent rotational DT's in Hankins, Hurst, and Hall although noone elite. And a good young CB in Mullen and the same in S with Abram.

We needed playmakers and we got a big one in Littleton. I expect us to sign one more bigger named CB and then in the draft go in with no major needs. 

Honestly, I see Las Vegas being one of the most attractive teams for free agents now, due to it's location, new stadium, history, etc...and the fact that you guys have a competent GM in place with a SB winning HC (regardless of whether Gruden is as good as some people believe, he's still a big name) 

• Like 2

It's not like the Raiders are overpaying for these guys, which is a great sign of how attractive of a destination you are for players. 

Bad teams overpay guys because they don't want to play there unless they break the bank.

Good, well-run teams pay market or below-mark value for good players. 

Welcome to the club, Vegas. NFL is gonna be a LOT more fun with a good Raiders team.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

Not at all I think it's a great move. Even a decent linebacker will be an upgrade for the Giants though. 

A lot of mocks have Kenneth Murray going to the Raiders at 19. Wonder who gets put in that spot now? A WR at 12 and a CB at 19? 

I can definitely see us going after a WR and CB but maybe a top prospect falls to 12 and we end up going WR with 19, I’d like us to add one of Jeudy or Lamb but you never know...... I can’t see us taking a LB high though.

34 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We'll see how he looks sans Donald and Brockers.

ILBs are just not something I go over 7-8m for. Too dependant on the DL in front.

Oh please you’d be absolutely jumping with joy if your team signed him to this deal.  Sour grapes!