Devon Kennard being released

Lionized

What I am suggesting is having his primary duties transition from the role of middle linebacker to that of an outside LBer with the majority of his duties being rushing the passer.. Which is what Von Miller does. He has shown more promise rushing the passer than he has calling plays, covering in the pass game, or making his run fits. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Fine let's say he's 6'1", 245. He's still not going to do any better close to the line than he is away from it.

Yeah... JD is not 225. He came into the draft at 240. He has shown flashes as a pass rusher, he's just not great at a lot of the other things that an ILB/MLB needs to do. 

12 hours ago, BarryTheBest said:

What I am suggesting is having his primary duties transition from the role of middle linebacker to that of an outside LBer with the majority of his duties being rushing the passer.. Which is what Von Miller does. He has shown more promise rushing the passer than he has calling plays, covering in the pass game, or making his run fits. 

You just compared Jarrad Davis to Von Miller. I'm at a loss.

1 minute ago, Superduperman said:

You just compared Jarrad Davis to Von Miller. I'm at a loss.

Nope, he didn't. He compared Davis' potential usage to how Von Miller is used. At no point did he state, suggest or imply that he's anywhere near as talented as Miller, just that Davis could be used in a similar role.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Fine let's say he's 6'1", 245. He's still not going to do any better close to the line than he is away from it.

Except he’s been at his best when he’s rushing the passer. Do I think he’d make an excellent full time starter in that role? No but he would likely contribute more and harm less as a rotational player in that role. 

that being said I’m still shocked at this move. He wasn’t an amazing player by any means but I thought he was pretty solid. 

Edited by theuntouchable

56 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Nope, he didn't. He compared Davis' potential usage to how Von Miller is used. At no point did he state, suggest or imply that he's anywhere near as talented as Miller, just that Davis could be used in a similar role.

Right. Thanks for paying attention to the message 😊

@Super.. Just trying to come up with ways for us to better utilize our players. We know Davis will never be the stud middle backer we wanted. But, he is young, athletic, tenacious, and has shown some ability to rush the passer. Lets explore that a bit more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BarryTheBest said:

Right. Thanks for paying attention to the message 😊

@Super.. Just trying to come up with ways for us to better utilize our players. We know Davis will never be the stud middle backer we wanted. But, he is young, athletic, tenacious, and has shown some ability to rush the passer. Lets explore that a bit more.

At a much cheaper cost*

• Like 1