Tom Brady to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

showtime

I don't see why this is a bad fit for the Buccaneers.  I still think Brady can play at a high level and he actually has a legit receiving corps to throw the football too.  Last year, the targets he had couldn't get any separation.  Won't be a problem this season.  I'm not sure how Tampa Bay's offensive line is, but they have a chance to make the playoffs. 

Hell, they probably would have made the playoffs last season if their QB wasn't an interception throwing machine.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

Brady choosing TB over LAC is very odd unless he had a gentleman's agreement with NE to go to an NFC team, or doesn't fancy playing Denver twice a year (his kryptonite).

I don’t think it’s odd at all. Arguably a better coach in Arians and Godwin, Evans, Howard and Brate. I’m assuming they’ll bring AB in on the cheap as well and take care of their RB position. 

39 minutes ago, DerbyRam said:

I like this move. I really do. 

Godwin & Evans are legitimate top 15 receivers in the league which ever you look at it, plus you've got a good TE in Howard. The OL is in pretty good shape. Bruce is a good coach, although Brady will be a different QB for him to work alongside. I think if they can trade or draft a good running back then there is a lot of components that could see them have a strong year. The NFC South is wide open too. 

Fair play for them taking the gamble. Brady, in a bizarre way, will have to prove himself all over again. He's got a good foundation to do just that. 

Agreed.

I seriously don't understand where the narrative of Brady having limited arm strength or his arm being shot comes from.  Seriously.  The guy played with the worst group of receivers in the entire league in terms of them being able to get separation.  There aren't many guys who could play with a unit as bad as he played and had an elite season. 

• Like 2

Just now, showtime said:

I seriously don't understand where the narrative of Brady having limited arm strength or his arm being shot comes from.  Seriously.  The guy played with the worst group of receivers in the entire league in terms of them being able to get separation.  There aren't many guys who could play with a unit as bad as he played and had an elite season. 

Hey, I watched him play too you know. He had a bad wr unit, also had a bad, bad arm.

Just now, showtime said:

If the arm strength has diminished, it's imperceptibly so. The problem last year was his accuracy, especially under pressure. 

1 minute ago, Starless said:

If the arm strength has diminished, it's imperceptibly so. The problem last year was his accuracy, especially under pressure. 

I agree more with this.  He wasn't as accurate as he was in previous years, but his arm strength is fine.  Now that he has a roster full of playmakers to throw the football too, I'm going to venture a guess that his accuracy improves.

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t think it’s odd at all. Arguably a better coach in Arians and Godwin, Evans, Howard and Brate. I’m assuming they’ll bring AB in on the cheap as well and take care of their RB position. 

Oh, I wasn't doubting TB's skill positions. I meant mostly from a personal POV,  Brady is a California native, his family lives in California still, and he has a house there.