49ers Re-Signed Ronald Blair to 1 year deal

NcFinest9erFan

1 hour ago, N4L said:

I saw the cowboys used this with Looney and was trying to think of anyone we could have used this on. Sweet! 

Interesting. I thought it was only for guys you signed as free agents. Learn something new every day

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Interesting. I thought it was only for guys you signed as free agents. Learn something new every day

Well this is new this year, so everyone is learning about this. 

It's for players that have been on your team for 4 years straight without getting cut, who are now FAs, that you sign to a 1 year deal. I thought it was dumb at first but it's a nice incentive to re-sign guys coming off their rookie deals who don't have a huge market for a LTD with other teams. 

I expect this to be used on a lot of RBs down the road 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

👍 Is Damontre Moore still under contract? I hope so.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him return on a veteran minimum deal, but my best guess is it would happen after the draft if the team is unsatisfied with the team depth afterward. I'd like to see Moore return as well, but it's really hard to judge his true worth and value as he was a final roster cut that was never picked up by anyone else, and while he looked great when he did get to play in the regular season, it was across two games. Add in that he's a vet who will be 28 when the season starts and has already accrued over 4 full seasons of playing time, and we have someone who will be a little bit more expensive than rookies that may come in and replace him just fine. 

But it's clear that his market is small given that he was available for many weeks after the season began and nobody grabbed him, and even after looking well in his limited time, he's still just there and available. So post-draft, if that depth is still needed, I think you might see him.