RB Jerick McKinnon and the #49ers agree to a restructured contract

NcFinest9erFan

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I feel like i need a translator for these contracts. So this year he's getting the vet minimum plus bonuses for games he's active for? Whats this 'for his years of service' bit about?

The vet min is a sliding scale depending on how long you have been in the league. I don't know why he added that into the tweet, kind of silly. I think everyone who is paying attention largely knows the vet minimum varies by service time, so adding that in just makes it look more convoluted than it is

• Like 1

I actually think Mosert is the one who (if anyone) is going to cause Breida to not be brought back. Breida as good as he is, is about as glassy as they come and I have a sneaking suspicion that Shanny has a thousand yard stare now with injured RB's. 

if we end up with more draft picks, I wouldn't be surprised to see us jump at someone like Taylor or Swift if they fall to 31. 

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

I actually think Mosert is the one who (if anyone) is going to cause Breida to not be brought back. Breida as good as he is, is about as glassy as they come and I have a sneaking suspicion that Shanny has a thousand yard stare now with injured RB's. 

if we end up with more draft picks, I wouldn't be surprised to see us jump at someone like Taylor or Swift if they fall to 31. 

I mean Mostert missed significant time in 2018 when he broke his arm. Coleman missed games last year. Idk hard to say. I think Breida picked the worse time possible to enter Shanahan's doghouse. I'm a big Breida fan, but if he doesn't come back then it is what it is. It'd just suck if he got booted off the roster for Coleman and McKinnon, who I feel are inferior players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I mean Mostert missed significant time in 2018 when he broke his arm. Coleman missed games last year. Idk hard to say. I think Breida picked the worse time possible to enter Shanahan's doghouse. I'm a big Breida fan, but if he doesn't come back then it is what it is. It'd just suck if he got booted off the roster for Coleman and McKinnon, who I feel are inferior players. 

i 100% agree. Ideally, Wilson, Mosert, Breida and a UDFA gem would be our core players. But Shanny has this weird tendency of being extremely risky in some regards and totally shy in others. He has certain positions where it's all about dealing with the devil he knows. Coleman is that guy.

That said, Coleman isn't atrocious, he's just one of these fantastically average players who has the occasional blow up game and then another game where he makes you wonder how he ever got a significant role. 

Breida, Mosert and Wilson seem to have some glaring falls with parts of their game, but they also seem like the 3 best pure runners. 

50 minutes ago, John232 said:

Swift would be amazing in our scheme... he's going to be good regardless but... yeah. I'm not holding high hopes.