Jaguars sign LB Joe Schobert, 5 years 53.75M (22.5 gtd)

.Buzz

Bummed to see him go. Certainly not elite but definitely a good, solid LB. Great in coverage and always seems to be around the ball, but his tackling can sometimes be a bit poor.

Our linebackers are looking really questionable now. Mack and Takitaki HAVE to step up.

Good signing, Jaguars.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

He isnt a sideline to sideline linebacker, he is great in the middle of the defense.

Good-great player, will thrive if the jacksonville defense continues to get pressure on the qb, he gets the ball.

Exactly what will be asked of him. 

TBD on the pass rusher, although Josh Allen will get his.

Joe is a good guy and a good smart LB but you're going to have to live with the fact that he is going to miss tackles, he has been good in coverage and will get some picks but he saw a drastic increase in his completion percentage against him this year from 59.1 to 69.2.  of his 133 tackles this past year only 7 were TFL, the most in a year for his career, per pff his effectiveness grade dropped to 59.1 from 77.2 the previous year and like i said he misses tackled he had 16 this past year tying him for 9th in the NFL and I believe he led the NFL the year before that. Like I said hes not a bad player I feel you overpayed form him a tad but I attribute that to the market on the NFL now a days

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yikes... is this true? Browns fans? 

Yeah that doesn't surprise me at all.  Our run defense was horrendous and he was kind of at the center of that.

Does everything else you want from a MLB really well though.  Good athlete, good in coverage, very smart player, creates turnovers and he was by all accounts the general on the field for our defense.

I think he'd be great if you have man-eaters on the interior line, but without that you'll probably notice him getting run over a lot by backs and blockers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yeah that doesn't surprise me at all.  Our run defense was horrendous and he was kind of at the center of that.

Does everything else you want from a MLB really well though.  Good athlete, good in coverage, very smart player, creates turnovers and he was by all accounts the general on the field for our defense.

I think he'd be great if you have man-eaters on the interior line, but without that you'll probably notice him getting run over a lot by backs and blockers.

Unfortunately our interior DL is trash.

Thankfully we seem to be targeting a big nose in FA and/or Kinlaw/Brown/interior DL in the draft.