Jaguars sign LB Joe Schobert, 5 years 53.75M (22.5 gtd)

.Buzz

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Polian was relevant in the NFL like 10-15 years ago. Things have changed.

49ers just paid Kwon Alexander a boatload last year too. If he plays at a very good/elite level, there's zero reason to even think about it. We're going to have like 120M+ after Foles gets dealt next year.

just cuz u have 120 million doesnt mean u need to overypay for jack. 

FACTOR in a Chark Extension after this season, and depending how Minshew Performs u might as well save some aside for him.  lets not forget that cam robinson is set to be a FA next year so depending how he plays might need to put around 10 million aside for him and lets not forget about Tre' herndon who probably should be getting a raise next year as well. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

just cuz u have 120 million doesnt mean u need to overypay for jack. 

FACTOR in a Chark Extension after this season, and depending how Minshew Performs u might as well save some aside for him.  lets not forget that cam robinson is set to be a FA next year so depending how he plays might need to put around 10 million aside for him and lets not forget about Tre' herndon who probably should be getting a raise next year as well. 

If he plays like he should, it won't be an overpayment. Very good/elite Will's are going to get what Jack is making. 

I never said just because we have money you set it on fire. But you also don't get rid of a player that is a key piece (which he would be based on our conversation) and open up another hole. Jack has immense talent, if he can unlock it then he'll be a key cog long term.

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

If he plays like he should, it won't be an overpayment. Very good/elite Will's are going to get what Jack is making. 

I never said just because we have money you set it on fire. But you also don't get rid of a player that is a key piece (which he would be based on our conversation) and open up another hole. Jack has immense talent, if he can unlock it then he'll be a key cog long term.

The problem is...we don't even know if Jack will actually be any good at all at Will LBer.  Or if that's even where they'll play him.  He's never really played there at the NFL level, and he's an absolutely catastrophically terrible tackler.  Which in this sort of system especially, tackling is an absolutely crucial component of playing that WLB spot.  You're scraping across and just sopping up tackles all over the place once blockers are taken on.  That's where Telvin was an absolute beast at the position, because he was both fast and a darn good tackler before he fell off a cliff into retirement or whatever.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

The problem is...we don't even know if Jack will actually be any good at all at Will LBer.  Or if that's even where they'll play him.  He's never really played there at the NFL level, and he's an absolutely catastrophically terrible tackler.  Which in this sort of system especially, tackling is an absolutely crucial component of playing that WLB spot.  You're scraping across and just sopping up tackles all over the place once blockers are taken on.  That's where Telvin was an absolute beast at the position, because he was both fast and a darn good tackler before he fell off a cliff into retirement or whatever.

We don't, that was a hypothetical situation in which he was very good.

The thing is, Jack coming out didn't have these type of tackling issues, nor did I see it being this big of issue early on. As I said, I feel like he's better when he's not overthinking things and at MLB there's a ton on your plate/you're worried about making sure everyone is set up right. At WLB, it should be a perfect fit for what he does best.

He hasn't played the position so you never know, it's just me feeling like you're putting a round peg in a round hole now rather than a square peg and hoping he changes how he is.

Edited by .Buzz

On 19/03/2020 at 12:37 PM, .Buzz said:

As long as Jack actually does work well at WLB...yeah, it's one of those sorta "2-for-1" upgrades.  And i like our other options at SLB more than our alternatives at WLB.  Especially since Will is the more important position, in the volume of snaps that guy is going to see.

Still really worried about our run stopping ability though.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

As long as Jack actually does work well at WLB...yeah, it's one of those sorta "2-for-1" upgrades.  And i like our other options at SLB more than our alternatives at WLB.  Especially since Will is the more important position, in the volume of snaps that guy is going to see.

Still really worried about our run stopping ability though.

Yep, gotta grab a couple hogs inside on the DL. I think Gunter will be a nice get for his run D, and Jack on the outside should be better in the run game than he did inside/the several guys we put at WLB last year.

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

When you base a player's worth on what they did against Mason Rudolph or whatever.  Yikes.

I mean, what he's doing while covering a WR/TE/RB or taking on blocks doesn't get thrown out the window because of the QB.

He's going through game tape and posting what he's seeing.