Eagles release Malcolm Jenkins

EagleBlueDon

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

I´m baffled at how this team became so poorly managed in such a short period of time.

Meh. I'm not happy about missing out on Byron Jones (especially for what he ended up signing for, but I'm a fan of pretty much all the moves we've made after that. 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Meh. I'm not happy about missing out on Byron Jones (especially for what he ended up signing for, but I'm a fan of pretty much all the moves we've made after that. 

I'm not happy about losing Jenkins but if Jones was here it wouldn't suck so much. 

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I´m not referring to just this off season, taking a step back and looking at how we´ve done after the 2017 off-season you see a lot of bad moves.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

anyone else low key excited for the return of Joe Ostman (and maybe Daeshon Hall?)

I guess?!? If the pattern repeats of the last two years they won’t be good til mid season and near the end of the season for Hall. Hope they actually play them. 

Right now it looks like Miller might get cut. Just to add to how crappy that draft was

For those that were mentioning Anthony Harris, he's was going to be 29 years old when the season rolled around. I wouldn't have given him $14 mil either. Harris had an all-pro safety back there with him, Jenkins had McLeod. 

Hopefully there's not a market for Jenkins so he's able to come back on a 1 year deal. 

Why all of sudden is Mills considered someone who can move to safety? Hopefully more like a nickel corner safety...I can't imagine him being in the box trying to run fit. 

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I´m not referring to just this off season, taking a step back and looking at how we´ve done after the 2017 off-season you see a lot of bad moves.

Since 2017 Howie’s one really good move was getting Wentz at a bargain rate and that seems to be what Carson wanted anyway.

6 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Agreed, but he used to be good at getting value with trades and in FA, now he seems to get pantsed every year. 

Think he’s gotten gun shy and sentimental, which he’s admitted to. It was easy when they were Chip’s guys. Now it’s harder.

I just wish we had more of a core team.

Its really just Etz, the OL, Cox and Graham now that Jenkins is gone. Wentz always seems to be held at arms length, partly with how weird his career has been thus far. I guess Mills is kinda the next guy. 
At some point you get sick of having to rely on mercenaries every season and just want them build a team who can keep growing. 

11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Since 2017 Howie’s one really good move was getting Wentz at a bargain rate and that seems to be what Carson wanted anyway.

I still think Hargrave is a boss move. Him and Cox are gonna be monsters.

This draft is super important and they need a couple more impact free agents this year.

Last 2 years have been all about plugging holes to try and hold on to the window

42 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'm not happy about losing Jenkins but if Jones was here it wouldn't suck so much. 

I feel you, but I just don't think Jenkins was ever gonna agree to a price with Roseman. 

Not sure he will get what he wants on the open market either, but I hope he does.