Eagles release Malcolm Jenkins

EagleBlueDon

3 minutes ago, baconrad11 said:

I'd be livid if we let BRex go.

He's an Eagles lifer. 

Brandon Graham's future depends on this season. If we keep him after 2020, then we basically are stuck with him in 2021-2023. Those following three seasons are a package deal, all or nothing based on the rather bizarre structure of his contract.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Well ya alshon is a given . I'd be alil shocked Brex get the trade/axe. Ertz wouldnt be totally shocked tho

It’s crazy that besides the OL, those really are the only vets still around that had big impacts in the SB run

All-time Eagle. Losing Jenkins definitely hurts, but at least the front office is finally starting to learn that you need to stay young and cut bait when necessary.

I hope Alshon is next. Watch them do something crazy like trade Ertz for a bunch of picks lol

I think moving on from Jenkins was all about not wanting to give a raise or more term to a player who is 32 already -- especially when he gave the team an ultimatum.

If, however, the Eagles are left without McLeod AND Jenkins because they're paying Jalen Mills $5M to not be nearly as good as either of them -- I really have to question their direction.

30 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

If anyone should have gone it was BRex. At least Malcolm makes up for it with production.

I think it was fairly obvious to see with the naked eye that Graham was more productive last season than Jenkins. Jenkins is in decline but he was still important and the team needs him. 

1 minute ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I think it was fairly obvious to see with the naked eye that Graham was more productive last season than Jenkins. Jenkins is in decline but he was still important and the team needs him. 

He was? I seem to remember BRex was a ghost for a large period of the last two seasons. He´s never been particularly productive as a pass rusher though. 

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

He was? I seem to remember BRex was a ghost for a large period of the last two seasons. He´s never been particularly productive as a pass rusher though. 

2018 Brex wasn’t very good, if I remember right he came on late. I think he was one of the few bright spots last year though.

Fletcher underperformed, Barnett didn’t take a step, DT depth floundered when Malik & Timmy we’re out. Vinny played pretty well late when he was healthy + allowed to play on 3rd downs. Sweat played well too. 
but anyway yeah he was like the one consistent thing