Eagles release Malcolm Jenkins

EagleBlueDon

21 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I still think Hargrave is a boss move. Him and Cox are gonna be monsters.

This draft is super important and they need a couple more impact free agents this year.

Last 2 years have been all about plugging holes to try and hold on to the window

Was kinda just focusing on the last two offseasons. I was not thinking about Hargrave at all, but love it too.
I think the last two offseasons have been a weird mix of trying to keep the window open, but not really going all in. 
Some of the movies I loved, and they just got blown up like Malik getting hurt.
Some I loved in a vacuum, like getting DJax, but Howie never backed it up with adding another guy who could get dowfield.
It's been a lot more of what he hasn't done that's annoyed me honestly.

Instead of these little moves along the way..I kinda wish we could see what acquiring one big time player in a trade would've been like.
Doing some all in moves.

The league year hasn't even officially started yet, I'm not going to overact. Have 15-25 players we will be adding in the next couple months.
Will miss Jenk, think his slowing down was manageable as that box/nickel guy. But on the field we can draft a guy to do that. 
We will miss his leadership and smarts for a bit though.

44 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I´m not referring to just this off season, taking a step back and looking at how we´ve done after the 2017 off-season you see a lot of bad moves.

I feel you. I haven't been beyond criticizing Roseman for certain things the past few years, but it definitely hurt having big additions like DeSean and Malik last year going down in the first two weeks and never playing.

Still feel like Dillard is gonna be a good LT. Sanders was a good pick.

The last 2 years we haven't had many picks and didn't have a first rounder in 2018.

Definitely wasn't a fan of the 2017 draft for the most part even back when it was happening.

I'm far from giving up on Howie. I really wanted him to knock this off-season out the park.... he's done solid so far and there's plenty of offseason left, so I'm gonna be patient.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'm betting he goes #9 to the Jags or #14 to the Bucs. His floor is #16 to the Falcons

Sure hope you're right. I'm okay with the Cowboys snagging Delpit, but Kinlaw would be a tough pill to swallow. He would create problems for Seumalo and Kelce.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Was kinda just focusing on the last two offseasons. I was not thinking about Hargrave at all, but love it too.
I think the last two offseasons have been a weird mix of trying to keep the window open, but not really going all in. 
Some of the movies I loved, and they just got blown up like Malik getting hurt.
Some I loved in a vacuum, like getting DJax, but Howie never backed it up with adding another guy who could get dowfield.
It's been a lot more of what he hasn't done that's annoyed me honestly.

Instead of these little moves along the way..I kinda wish we could see what acquiring one big time player in a trade would've been like.
Doing some all in moves.

The league year hasn't even officially started yet, I'm not going to overact. Have 15-25 players we will be adding in the next couple months.
Will miss Jenk, think his slowing down was manageable as that box/nickel guy. But on the field we can draft a guy to do that. 
We will miss his leadership and smarts for a bit though.

I think they are in a decent position to draft his replacement if they can get CB taken care of in FA which is looking grimmer by the hour. McKinney at 21 or Dugger, Chinn or Winfield in the 2nd all would be nice gets.

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I feel you. I haven't been beyond criticizing Roseman for certain things the past few years, but it definitely hurt having big additions like DeSean and Malik last year going down in the first two weeks and never playing.

Still feel like Dillard is gonna be a good LT. Sanders was a good pick.

The last 2 years we haven't had many picks and didn't have a first rounder in 2018.

Definitely wasn't a fan of the 2017 draft for the most part even back when it was happening.

I'm far from giving up on Howie. I really wanted him to knock this off-season out the park.... he's done solid so far and there's plenty of offseason left, so I'm gonna be patient.

I think there´s no high impact FA in our areas of need left.

I wouldn´t call this off season so far solid by any means. Giving (yet again) a big contract to a DT, releasing Malcolm Jenkins, bringing back replacement level starters and our backup QB is far from solid. 

I don´t know if he´s to blame for the embarrassment that was the OC/WR coach hunt, I´m putting that blunder on Pederson.

Edited by Broadway Joe

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think they are in a decent position to draft his replacement if they can get CB taken care of in FA which is looking grimmer by the hour. McKinney at 21 or Dugger, Chinn or Winfield in the 2nd all would be nice gets.

Lots of options yeah, but it's now more of a critical position to address than it needed to be.
If we didn't need 2 WRs, 2 CBs, LBs, a rotational RB, OL depth on top of a Safety, I would be much more relaxed.
Just a lot of hope to put on the FO who has not been all that great at it for a bit.

His consistency (played 98.7% of defensive snaps and a number of ST snaps) since arrival, his leadership, and his flexibility to play multiple positions will all be missed.

Was starting to decline and get not wanting to give him the big contract. But he deserves one last pay day, happy he will get it. 

Malcom is an all time great and hope he comes back here after retiring one day