Eagles are not picking up option on S Malcolm Jenkins

RaidersAreOne

28 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’d love Jenkins as osu fan and Browns need a ton of safety help. We need a leader bring him in I’d pay 10 mill a year for 3 years 

That is what the Eagles were paying him and he said he wasn’t coming back under that contract so.......gonna need to pony up more than that 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This is one of those decisions I can't get on board with. Jenkins WAS the only SINGULAR constant in a depleted secondary you could count on. A Swiss Army knife that Schwartz utilized literally in every position in the back 7.

People keep wanting to talk about Age, losing a step, asking for to much, blahs blah blah but this will absolutely effect what was already a Horrific DB unit that can't stay healthy and available. Two things Malcolm was in Spades!!!

Thanks for the SB Jenkins!🍺

4 minutes ago, uk9erfan said:

This is a real head scratcher for me. How much salary cap space did they save by letting go of the only consistent (and helluva) player in their secondary? 

I believe we saved 4.7 million? But, it wasn't really about that...

Jenkins wanted a nice extension and to be one of the top paid safeties.

His decline has already started and we are trying to get younger.

We signed McLeod who is younger, played just about as well last year, and accepted a 2 year deal for 12 million which is a nice little bargain.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I believe we saved 4.7 million? But, it wasn't really about that...

Jenkins wanted a nice extension and to be one of the top paid safeties.

His decline has already started and we are trying to get younger.

We signed McLeod who is younger, played just about as well last year, and accepted a 2 year deal for 12 million which is a nice little bargain.

Thanks for the explanation. I could see the Redskins picking him up. But it'll likely come down to who offers him the most short term money. 

2 minutes ago, uk9erfan said:

Thanks for the explanation. I could see the Redskins picking him up. But it'll likely come down to who offers him the most short term money. 

No problem. Yeah its probably gonna come down to who can give him his nice last pay day, but I'm not sure that Washington is the best fit.