Redskins sign former Bears LB Kevin Pierre-Louis

turtle28

Seems like a Special Teams guy who has been good in limited relief roles.

At worse its a good signing as it's cheap and he helps improve STs.

At best it's a case of someone like Lorenzo Alexander who was a special team ace for use and went on to be a pro bowler eventually for Bills when he's finally given the chance to play for time.

• Like 2

Pierre-Louis is a solid player. Nothing wrong with him, not a bad guy to get thrown into the mix to compete for a starting role in a LB corps that as of now has no spots locked down. 

It’s more money spent on a placeholder instead of a long term core piece — which feels a lot like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic — but it’s not a bad player or a bad price. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

It’s more money spent on a placeholder instead of a long term core piece — which feels a lot like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic — but it’s not a bad player or a bad price. 

Which reeks of Bruce Allen still being here, but it is what it is. 

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yes, it feels very much like a “Bruce” offseason. 

Which suggests that perhaps they’ve all been “Dan” offseasons. But that’s too disturbing a thought to spend much time with.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

The best part are all the fans talking about how we’ve done such a good job avoiding overpaying players. Everyone is overpaid according to this fanbase now lol

Redskins fans: If we sign a big free agent, we overpaid for that player - why’d we do that? We paid too Much for him!

If they haven’t heard of the player. Why’d we sign them? He’s a bum bc I haven’t heard of them, and I know everything.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

If they haven’t heard of the player. Why’d we sign them? He’s a bum bc I haven’t heard of them, and I know everything.

It took 5 minutes of googling to have a grasp on this new Falcons o-lineman to understand all I needed to about who he is and how much of a not starter he is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Redskins fans: If we sign a big free agent, we overpaid for that player - why’d we do that? We paid too Much for him!

I don’t feel like that’s the sentiments here. People are respecting the players for who they are / have been, but there’s no one here that’s a difference maker. Bad luck on Amari, he’s a stud, but outside of that feels like they’re filling role players early, which is getting role player reactions.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I don’t feel like that’s the sentiments here. People are respecting the players for who they are / have been, but there’s no one here that’s a difference maker. Bad luck on Amari, he’s a stud, but outside of that feels like they’re filling role players early, which is getting role player reactions.

This ^^^. 

I will note that this was a calm, lucid post that didn't bash the franchise.

And might I ask, who broke Jeezy?

9 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Seems like a Special Teams guy who has been good in limited relief roles.

At worse its a good signing as it's cheap and he helps improve STs.

At best it's a case of someone like Lorenzo Alexander who was a special team ace for use and went on to be a pro bowler eventually for Bills when he's finally given the chance to play for time.

I was just coming into this thread to post that comparison.  The odds of another Lorenzo Alexander happening are slim, but i'll take the special teams ace at the same time. 

• Like 1

So, judging by the few comments up above, I’m the only one who sees when we signed Wes Schweitzer & Kevin Pierre-Louis in the 2020 Free Agency thread and someone hasn’t heard of them that the player is called a bum before they even play a down for the Redskins?

18 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

It took 5 minutes of googling to have a grasp on this new Falcons o-lineman to understand all I needed to about who he is and how much of a not starter he is.

The same guy who started 36 of 46 games and played in the playoffs and super bowl for the Falcons is a definite non-starter? 

That seems like a wild exaggeration.

I personally hope he doesn’t start bc I want Wes Martin & Chase Roullier to show well enough that they are our starters next year at LG & C but I think at worst Schweitzer is better depth then we’ve had w/ guys like Tony Bergstrom the last few years.

Edited by turtle28