Titans sign Vic Beasley

dtait93

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I think he’ll always be a fine player, worth the pick, you can do far worse. Just not sure he will ever be a true difference maker.

if you ask me, Landry is not worth a "second round that you traded up for" pick

another derrick morgan...high draft pick with mid-round impact/production

6 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

if you ask me, Landry is not worth a "second round that you traded up for" pick

another derrick morgan...high draft pick with mid-round impact/production

A second round pick for a long-term starter is almost always worth it. Even if he’s just a slightly above average starter. We all just set a bar that’s way too high for Day 2 picks.

• Like 1

Just now, titans0021 said:

A second round pick for a long-term starter is almost always worth it. Even if he’s just a slightly above average starter. We all just set a bar that’s way too high for Day 2 picks.

if he doesn't take a step forward this year, i'd trade the guy for a box of cracker jack

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

if he doesn't take a step forward this year, i'd trade the guy for a box of cracker jack

That’s because you’re crazy. He’d get $10-12 million per on the open market. Maybe more. Every team needs a solid, secondary edge rusher. We just foolishly placed all of our hopes for an impact edge on a 23 year old.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

That’s because you’re crazy. He’d get $10-12 million per on the open market. Maybe more. Every team needs a solid, secondary edge rusher. We just foolishly placed all of our hopes for an impact edge on a 23 year old.

I agree with this 100% 

8 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Yikes....

23 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I think he’ll always be a fine player, worth the pick, you can do far worse. Just not sure he will ever be a true difference maker.

Right now, I compare him to a guy like Whitney Mercelius, maybe with a higher upside. We just need our JJ Watt impact player to help him out. Maybe Simmons can be that guy.

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Facts. Not his fault Casey isn’t very good anymore and the team has neglected the opposite edge spot. He’s a solid player who went ghost the second half of the season. 

For comparison's sake...

2018+2019 Beasley: 1458 snaps, 38 pressures in which 13 resulted in sacks (34%).

2018+2019 Fowler Jr: 1457 snaps, 59 pressures in which 15.5 resulted in sacks (26%).

2018+2019 Clowney: 1507 snaps, 78 pressures in which 12 resulted in sacks (15%).

Some additional info

Some context for Davenport's tweet regarding PRWR - Clowney was at 25% and Fowler Jr. 23%. Beasley won 5.3% less than Clowney and 3.3% less than Fowler fwiw

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

Loved him coming out of Clemson and was really explosive his first few years in the league. Don't know what happened the last couple years, but still a lot of upside there. Low risk/high reward type of deal which is solid.

Same. I was a big fan of Beastly as a prospect. What I hear from a diehard Falcons fan that I practice with quite often is that the team didn’t use him properly after 2016, moving him inside in 2017 and 2018 most of the time. 2019 he got more sacks, so that’s a good sign. I think he’s never been the player that 2016 suggested he was, but he definitely is better than any edge on our roster except Landry.

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

That’s objectively ridiculous. He got 10 sacks. If that’s so worthless, then why is it so hard to find?

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Maybe I am a little bit crazy 

if he doesn’t take the next step, I’d seriously let his contract expire or trade him rather than overpay for him to stay. He’s not an impact player right now and we need an impact player at that position, not try and settle for average/slightly above average just because he’s home grown 

he has the ten quietest sacks you can imagine. Need more from a guy that we did indeed invest a lot on from an impact standpoint. Rashaan Evans, for example, made IMPACT plays in the playoffs. That’s what you hope to see from your growing, young and talented LBs. Landry was a ghost down the stretch