Raiders sign DT Maliek Collins (1 year, $6 M, $5.75 gt'd)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Rolni said:

Starting 3T in front of Hurst in the house.

Ferrell-Hankins-Collins-Crosby

With Hall, Hurst, Key etc looks great on paper...

Not so sure about that. Collins strength is pass rushing but he's not good against the run. I think we're looking at a rotation with the 4. Collins and Hurst should get most of the passing snaps.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I love it because it takes away another "need". Sure we could always get better at DT but we won't be bad at the position. Can hopefully go BPA in the draft.

I hate the BPA line it's not clear on who that can be. unless a top 5 guy falls. I would rather maybe best position available.

Just now, oakdb36 said:

Not so sure about that. Collins strength is pass rushing but he's not good against the run. I think we're looking at a rotation with the 4. Collins and Hurst should get most of the passing snaps.

We will have a heavy rotation for sure!!

Should keep Ferrell outside where he belongs. He was virtually non existent when he was being forced to play inside a lot last year, maybe that was just because of lack of experience, but I think he's best on the outside. Having him and Crosby outside and Hurst and Collins inside on pass rushing downs (with a heavy rotation) will keep everyone fresh and allow Ferrell to play to his strengths, and hopefully added pressure on the inside will keep QBs from always stepping up and avoiding pressure on the edge.