Raiders sign DT Maliek Collins (1 year, $6 M, $5.75 gt'd)

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

^^^ Seeing Collins' pass rush move repertoire makes me very happy to have Rod M on board. He's going to teach our young guys a LOT.

I really like the addition of Collins.  He’s not as good as Javon Hargrove but will be 1/2 the price and only a step down at worst.  Getting interior pressure will help out all levels of the defense.  It seemed like we lost out on a good amount of sacks because QBs would just step up into the pocket when the DEs created pressure on the edges.  That won’t happen anymore.

• Like 3

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

I really like the addition of Collins.  He’s not as good as Javon Hargrove but will be 1/2 the price and only a step down at worst.  Getting interior pressure will help out all levels of the defense.  It seemed like we lost out on a good amount of sacks because QBs would just step up into the pocket when the DEs created pressure on the edges.  That won’t happen anymore.

Or dish it off to a wide up TE/RB short. Littleton & Kwit should help with that.

• Like 2

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

We also got LBs that can blitz the passer from the middle.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roi34 said:

I still like pj halls a pass rushers too. He flashes a bit. Just needs the most out of himself

I agree.  I think Mayock comments were motivational and push Hall more than to signal his way out.  Hall has had moments of being a good pass rusher but he came from a small school and he’s developing.  This is the year I think he steps up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Hoping he’d sign for longer. Really liked him coming out and what he should offer 

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

That’s a pretty good deal for us.  Wish it was 2 years but I understand doing 1yr.  Hopefully he’s motivated and kicks butt

I too wish it were longer but then it would be more pricey. He's reuniting with Rod and is going to be in another contract year. He's going to be motivated to the extreme.

• Like 1