DT Collins to Raiders also

textaz03

23 minutes ago, Northland said:

I think when you lose 3 quality starters from an already suspect defense we are justified in asking what is going on and what is the teams plan?  Are you happy with the current state of the defense?

I'm deeply sad about Jones. I would have given him that contract. 

No one else I expect to stay. Certainly not at the cost. Collins, even at vet min, I expected to go join Rod. Did you expect him to stay? Or do you just want *something* reported?

5 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I'm deeply sad about Jones. I would have given him that contract. 

No one else I expect to stay. Certainly not at the cost. Collins, even at vet min, I expected to go join Rod. Did you expect him to stay? Or do you just want *something* reported?

Plenty is being reported just none of it good news with respect to a highly suspect defense.  I would expect in the next couple of days we see some signings.  Regardless the defense needs a lot of work.  Offensive stars may put butts in the seats, but without a solid defense this team will struggle.  It's early yet so let's see what if anything the team does. 

Just now, Northland said:

Plenty is being reported just none of it good news with respect to a highly suspect defense.  I would expect in the next couple of days we see some signings.  Regardless the defense needs a lot of work.  Offensive stars may put butts in the seats, but without a solid defense this team will struggle.  It's early yet so let's see what if anything the team does. 

This is a non-answer. Did you expect Collins to stay with Dallas knowing his affinity for Rod?

Would you have re-signed Quinn for 70m?

Would you have re-signed Heath for whatever?

Witten for 4m?

Who exactly are you sad about losing? I hate losing Jones. I don't give a damn about the INTs. He's a baller. But literally nothing else has even been a blimp. Frankly, I'm shocked so many of you care about these "loses."

21 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

This is a non-answer. Did you expect Collins to stay with Dallas knowing his affinity for Rod?

Witten for 4m?

Who exactly are you sad about losing? I hate losing Jones. I don't give a damn about the INTs. He's a baller. But literally nothing else has even been a blimp. Frankly, I'm shocked so many of you care about these "loses."

I don’t think anyone cares. I think it’s more the sitting on our hands that are enraging them so any loss is blown up. This is nothing new than any other year. We don’t over spend most of the time and wait for the 2nd and third tier players to sign. For some reason this year felt different.

Just now, TheBeast23 said:

I don’t think anyone cares. I think it’s more the sitting on our hands that are enraging them so any loss is blown up. This is nothing new than any other year. We don’t over spend most of the time and wait for the 2nd and third tier players to sign. For some reason this year felt different.

I mean. Point to who you are upset at losing at least. 

Like Hopkins. And Jones. Everyone else can so far Kick Rocks. I don't see the angst. Lol

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I mean. Point to who you are upset at losing at least. 

Like Hopkins. And Jones. Everyone else can so far Kick Rocks. I don't see the angst. Lol

I am in full agreement. Not a single soul I will shed a tear for. Not even Jones on my opinion. I’m all for the wait and see method. 

54 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Witten for 4m?

A lousy defense has gotten worse.  Would you agree with that? This gives us cause to worry.  As others have said we felt that this year if we didn't sign our own guys we might be active beyond the castoffs. You said you were sorry about losing Jones.  So how do you feel about the current state of our defense in its' entirety?  Being sorry about losing Jones is not a complete answer either.

Edited by Northland

1 minute ago, Northland said:

A lousy defense has gotten worse.  Would you agree with that? This gives us cause to worry. You said you were sorry about losing Jones.  So how do you feel about the current state of our defense in its' entirety?  Being sorry about losing Jones is not a complete answer either.

Why would I care what the defense looks like right this second when SO many things will change over the next several weeks? Honest question.

We have lost one person I regret. The rest can kick rocks. Who have we lost that you are sad about?

Why would I care what the defense looks like right this second when SO many things will change over the next several weeks? Honest question.

We have lost one person I regret. The rest can kick rocks. Who have we lost that you are sad about?

Given our past record with FA and the fact we have barely resigned anyone of note, you are not the least bit worried especially when our GM says "we like our guys" in regards to making big splashes in the offseason and yet is letting them go?

• Like 1

11.5 sacks is going to be tough to replace.  Is Quinn's entire $70 million all guaranteed?  We should all care to a degree given our clubs history of bargain shopping for defenders especially DL.  I didn't expect them to dive in.  But I did expect that if Jones walked, then Quinn would be resigned or vice versa.  I'm getting nervous that we will sit and wait and be left with little to choose from.  Something tells me there is a blockbuster coming that will see us part with picks.

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Given our past record with FA and the fact we have barely resigned anyone of note, you are not the least bit worried especially when our GM says "we like our guys" in regards to making big splashes in the offseason and yet is letting them go?

Sure. We don't do great for Free Agents. We are certainly not the Patriots in that regard. So remind me again why you are upset you haven't spent on free agents?

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

This is the issue.  Didn't someone post recently that over the last 3 or 4 years we have had the lowest payroll in the league?  That's a great business model if you ask me.  Pay one of if not the lowest team salaries in the game and have the world's most valuable franchise.  People laugh at Jerry but he's a freaking genius.

2 minutes ago, Northland said:

11.5 sacks is going to be tough to replace.  Is Quinn's entire $70 million all guaranteed?  We should all care to a degree given our clubs history of bargain shopping for defenders especially DL.  I didn't expect them to dive in.  But I did expect that if Jones walked, then Quinn would be resigned or vice versa.  I'm getting nervous that we will sit and wait and be left with little to choose from.  Something tells me there is a blockbuster coming that will see us part with picks.

Nope. About half of Quinn's is Guaranteed. So if your good with that deal. I get it. I'm not. A 30 year old rental we got for a 6th parlayed his way into a nice paycheck. Glad it wasn't us. 

1 minute ago, Northland said:

This is the issue.  Didn't someone post recently that over the last 3 or 4 years we have had the lowest payroll in the league?  That's a great business model if you ask me.  Pay one of if not the lowest team salaries in the game and have the world's most valuable franchise.  People laugh at Jerry but he's a freaking genius.

We have also had stupid amount of Deadcap from Romo and Dez and others. 

Sure. We don't do great for Free Agents. We are certainly not the Patriots in that regard. So remind me again why you are upset you haven't spent on free agents?

Isn't it fair to ask you've lost a lot of players off of an already suspect defense.  You've got cap money.  What's the plan?   in reality who knows what they are going to do?  Clearing that cap money tells me they are up to something.