Chargers sign OT Bryan Bulaga (3 years, $30 M)

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

So maybe not going OT in the 1st now? QB it is!

Maybe.  The word I'd caught from those with any sort of sources in their camp was they've planned to go BPA all along, so it's still possible, but if no QB, Simmons and Okudah (if there) could also very much be in play given current holes on the defense.  A lot really depends on how much faith or how much they want to press Trey Pipkins into starting action as someone to be depended on.  They openly acknowledged when they drafted him that he was raw and a developmental prospect - and they've undergone OL coach turnover in the past year, so I wouldn't expect them to have supreme confidence in Pipkins.  Bulaga's career has almost exclusively been on the right side, so this could be a case of him being brought in to replace Turnstile Tevi and serve as a stop-gap until Pipkins is ready and able to take over.  It doesn't preclude them drafting an OT high, but it lessens the necessity for it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

One of the best right tackles in football for the past 10 years.

Super injury prone isn't he though? I like the signing for the Chargers. Between this and the Turner trade, they are making some moves to solidify their Oline. Too bad they do it when Rivers finally leaves.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Super injury prone isn't he though? I like the signing for the Chargers. Between this and the Turner trade, they are making some moves to solidify their Oline. Too bad they do it when Rivers finally leaves.

He plays through them though. Except for the ACL. 12 or more games 5 of 6 years