Chargers sign OT Bryan Bulaga (3 years, $30 M)

RaidersAreOne

Happy for Bryan.  Sad for GB.

Chargers will like him.  He looks 40 years old and has for the past decade.  Tough as nails.  Thinking he eats them as snacks.

Will play through injuries.  While he often hurt, he isn't injured that much.  What the Chargers need to do is rest him plenty then let him play on Sundays.  

2 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

Love this signing... wish we had our old QB though. Maybe we’re planning on just letting Ekelor ball out all year. 

Maybe they're planning on one-upping Brees with an even shorter QB and just starting Ekeler as a Wild Cat QB?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Maybe they're planning on one-upping Brees with an even shorter QB and just starting Ekeler as a Wild Cat QB?

I hadn’t thought of that. Kind of fits the expectations though. Lynn gets his mobile QB... we lose one of our top 3 pass targets though. 🤔

All this money going out on win now type of aging offensive lineman.  Let our Franchise QB walk though so how win now can we be. Meanwhile no extension on Keenan or Bosa... 

You know I’m cool with it. Maybe this will finally be the death knell for McGuire. I mean I have to have some hopes...

Chargers should now sign Chris Harris.  Put him back there with Casey, King, Derwin, Adrian and Nasir. Then trade for Trent Williams.  Trent on the left, Bulaga on the right, Turner LG and Lamp RG with either Feeny or Pouncy at OC.

Then at 6, take Simmons.. trade up 2nd rd pick to see if Love is still on the board, move up mid 1st and get him.   

If ya wanna get nasty. Find a package trade for Hunt and Njoku.

And just when ya thought they were done... sign Robby Anderson. And wahla powerhouse built.  I mean its possible... either way nice signing of Bulaga.

Imagine that offense. Allen, Williams, Anderson, Hunter, Hunt, Ekler and Njoku. 

Edited by Bearerofnews

3 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Chargers should now sign Chris Harris.  Put him back there with Casey, King, Derwin, Adrian and Nasir. Then trade for Trent Williams.  Trent on the left, Bulaga on the right, Turner LG and Lamp RG with either Feeny or Pouncy at OC.

Then at 6, take Simmons.. trade up 2nd rd pick to see if Love is still on the board, move up mid 1st and get him.   

If ya wanna get nasty. Find a package trade for Hunt and Njoku.

And just when ya thought they were done... sign Robby Anderson. And wahla powerhouse built.  I mean its possible... either way nice signing of Bulaga.

Imagine that offense. Allen, Williams, Anderson, Hunter, Hunt, Ekler and Njoku. 

2021 let Keenan, Mike Williams and Joey Bosa, Melvin Ingram all walk because you spent all the money possible to go all in for one year with a rookie QB. 

26 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Woah, that's a great deal for us! Yes! Let's get Tua and win this damned thing.

Worth noting, Tua's a lefty (hence why Jedrick Wells has played on the right for Bama).  If the Chargers were/are going to target him seriously, they'd need to make RT an absolutely locked down position and neither Sam Tevi or Trey Pipkins - to this point - have shown that that is a ringing endorsement of either one of them.

46 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Worth noting, Tua's a lefty (hence why Jedrick Wells has played on the right for Bama).  If the Chargers were/are going to target him seriously, they'd need to make RT an absolutely locked down position and neither Sam Tevi or Trey Pipkins - to this point - have shown that that is a ringing endorsement of either one of them.

Baluga is a RT.

42 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

2021 let Keenan, Mike Williams and Joey Bosa, Melvin Ingram all walk because you spent all the money possible to go all in for one year with a rookie QB. 

Cap space in 2021 will be huge, i dont forsee an issues with signing Allen, Bosa or Williams. Ingram might walk. He would be 32 going into 2021 season. So getting his replacement might not be bad. Espeically if ya got Simmons. Then ya can move Nwosu to DE. I dont see Chargers giving out any huge contracts this offseason and they have cap space. Need to make moves.

49 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Sam Tevi being allowed to play the blind side for a QB should be considered a crime.