Free Agent Frenzy

jsthomp2007

7 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Would LOVE for us to go after Everson Griffen. His versatility and length is something we desperately could do with.

He could almost certainly be had on a 2 year deal and if we don't go after him, I'm going to point back to the Gordon signing I'm afraid.

You will not be able to convince me that Griffen on $8m would not do more for this team than Gordon would.

I don't love the Gordon signing, especially for the money, but I can absolutely make an argument that should convince you.  And keep in mind that I totally agree that Griffen would be a tremendous get for us.  But over the past few years (really since CJ and our super bowl year), what has been a huge issue for us?  Scoring points, especially in the red zone, and short yardage conversions.  For all of the question marks MGIII has that has kept his ypc down etc, he knows how to get in the end zone especially in the red zone.  Only player in the league over the past 4 years that has scored at least 8 tds per, 2nd in the league ypc avg vs 8 or more men in the box.  Griffen isn't going to have the impact where we need it the most.....the scoreboard.  He's also been the best in the league during that time frame at breaking tackles, which no doubt directly leads to his high level ability to convert against stacked boxes.

Edited by 3Amigos_FOREVER

One thin about this signing I find a bit ironic is that Shurmur is known for his vertical passing offense and they have yet to bring in a WR2, even for a look. I get Gordon is supposed to heve better hand out of the backfield but if that's what we needed, Theo Riddick was already on the team, could've been resigned cheaper and on a 1-yr deal.  Another thing that bothers me is that Gordon is regarded as a 3-down back, what downs will Lindsey be playing ?? 

3 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

One thin about this signing I find a bit ironic is that Shurmur is known for his vertical passing offense and they have yet to bring in a WR2, even for a look. I get Gordon is supposed to heve better hand out of the backfield but if that's what we needed, Theo Riddick was already on the team, could've been resigned cheaper and on a 1-yr deal.  Another thing that bothers me is that Gordon is regarded as a 3-down back, what downs will Lindsey be playing ?? 

If Gordon is healthy he is going to lead the RBs in carries/touches.  No doubt.  But that still leaves Lindsay probably getting 150-200 touches on the season.  

10 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Wow, Will Parks only got a 1 year, $1.6m deal.

Apparently he turned down better offers to play in Philly but still - can't help but feel he's worth more than that.

Going to miss him for sure.

Bet on himself by taking a prove-it deal, he just wanted a chance to start. It's not dissimilar from Shaq Barrett last year and we all know how well that worked out for him. 

I'd like to see us go sign Hollywood Higgins. I think he would be a good compliment to this offense, deep threat, will be affordable and will play with a chip on his shoulder. I'll take him as our No. 3 WR over Desean Hamilton every day. We all know they're going to draft a WR early, perhaps very early, but WRs generally take a season to transition, Hollywood would be a good complimentary weapon next year. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

What is a Will Parks? 

he's a fun player. i don't think the coaches ever totally trusted him because he would get beat and make bad reads/be in the wrong place but he brings a ton of energy and I always thought he was a talented player. I think getting him on a small deal is a steal and a great move. 

22 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

What is a Will Parks? 

Committed, good tackler, tough, will learn the Defense and the definition of a team player. 

He's small and pretty slow for a DB so that's why he can struggle in man coverage. 

He's a great signing at that price. One of my favourite players to root for and he loves his home town.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Hope the broncos kick the tires on Pierre Desir. colts just released him because some guarantees kick in tomorrow. Really good zone CB who’s season got derailed by injuries last year. Only 28.

Was thinking the same thing.