Jump to content
jsthomp2007

Free Agent Frenzy

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

What deal did Chris Harris officially turn down from us

2/25 with 12 gtd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

My goodness did our free agents overplay their hands. 

Still holding out a small, tiny, glimmer of hope that we can get Wolfe/Parks back at decent deals.

Somebody correct me if Im wrong here but I thought this whole plan was 'buy a D and draft a O' with the Broncos having a boatload of $$ to spend in FA.

So far they have made good signings but not the fireworks that I was expecting from Elway given all of the hype from beat writers coming into this offseason. They made it sound like it was going to be the Talib/Ward/Ware/Sanders offseason all over again but so far it hasnt been. What is the plan here with all of this remaining cap room?

Edited by AkronsWitness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Still holding out a small, tiny, glimmer of hope that we can get Wolfe/Parks back at decent deals.

Somebody correct me if Im wrong here but I thought this whole plan was 'buy a D and draft a O' with the Broncos having a boatload of $$ to spend in FA.

So far they have made good signings but not the fireworks that I was expecting from Elway given all of the hype from beat writers coming into this offseason. They made it sound like it was going to be the Talib/Ward/Ware/Sanders offseason all over again but so far it hasnt been. What is the plan here with all of this remaining cap room?

Jurrell Casey and AJ Bouye are both high priced players, and they’re going to re-sign Simmons in July. That is buying a defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way things have played out, I wonder if cash flow is an issue right now. They are doing everything they can to avoid immediate financial liabilities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Jurrell Casey and AJ Bouye are both high priced players, and they’re going to re-sign Simmons in July. That is buying a defense. 

Yeah but its not like they really got much better--with those 2 big money moves it was just plugging holes left by other Broncos FAs. They got Bouye sure, but we lost CHJ. They got Casey which is great but they lost Wolfe/Shelby. Its almost 1 step back 1 step forward. IDK if the Broncos are any better right now than they were last year from a skill standpoint. They didnt add a bunch of talent--they replaced talent.

They added Glasgow but lost McGovern so on and so on.

Seems more like a reshuffling rather than bolstering the roster.

 

Edited by AkronsWitness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah but its not like they really got much better--with those 2 big money moves it was just plugging holes left by other Broncos FAs. They got Bouye sure, but we lost CHJ. They got Casey which is great but they lost Wolfe/Shelby. Its almost 1 step back 1 step forward. IDK if the Broncos are any better right now than they were last year from a skill standpoint. They didnt add a bunch of talent--they replaced talent.

They added Glasgow but lost McGovern so on and so on

 

They’re also getting Bradley Chubb and Bryce Callahan back. The opening day defense will be significantly more talented than the one they closed the season (strongly) with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

They’re also getting Bradley Chubb and Bryce Callahan back. The opening day defense will be significantly more talented than the one they closed the season (strongly) with.

I hope so. Still hoping they have some moves up their sleeves. Adding another starting caliber CB would be great like Robey-Coleman or Amukamara. Another piece on the DL would be great like resigning Wolfe and finally adding one more piece to the OL like Remmers. Maybe Karl Joseph to replace Parks.

Just holding out hope we can still sign 2-4 guys who can be contributors on lower contracts during the 2nd wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I hope so. Still hoping they have some moves up their sleeves. Adding another starting caliber CB would be great like Robey-Coleman or Amukamara. Another piece on the DL would be great like resigning Wolfe and finally adding one more piece to the OL like Remmers. Maybe Karl Joseph to replace Parks.

Just holding out hope we can still sign 2-4 guys who can be contributors on lower contracts during the 2nd wave.

That’s where they’ve always thrived. Most of the money is off the board and a lot of guys will have to settle. Should be able to get 2-3 more contributors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

The way things have played out, I wonder if cash flow is an issue right now. They are doing everything they can to avoid immediate financial liabilities. 

Adding Bouye and Casey add to about $24MM in salary, Glasgow another $12MMish so that's around $36MM. Weren't we  expected to have around $70MM (but that included $10MM from Flacco who has yet to be cut). Even so, we should still have $13-18MM but that doesn't acct for the likes of Bausby, Wilkerson, Driskel, etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Adding Bouye and Casey add to about $24MM in salary, Glasgow another $12MMish so that's around $36MM. Weren't we  expected to have around $70MM (but that included $10MM from Flacco who has yet to be cut). Even so, we should still have $13-18MM but that doesn't acct for the likes of Bausby, Wilkerson, Driskel, etc

They're taking on a lot of salary but not paying a lot of cash up front. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Adding Bouye and Casey add to about $24MM in salary, Glasgow another $12MMish so that's around $36MM. Weren't we  expected to have around $70MM (but that included $10MM from Flacco who has yet to be cut). Even so, we should still have $13-18MM but that doesn't acct for the likes of Bausby, Wilkerson, Driskel, etc

They’ll need to save some $$ for the draft picks. I also expect Wolfe to be resigned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×