Free Agent Frenzy

jsthomp2007

54 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

They guaranteed almost the entire deal for a guy who’s averaged 4 YPC or more once. This is really dumb 

So much for giving Lindsay a raise and locking him up for the next few years. A dollar says he asks for a trade by the end of the season, and I won’t blame him. Elway better kill it in the draft because if he doesn’t, this offseason could well be the final nail for him here. 

Overpay? Yes. Do I hate the move? Honestly, not as much as some in here do. Also consider, there's going to be a cap spike next year. Gordon is good around the goal line, and I think he can be effective if used appropriately in conjunction with Lindsay.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Overpay? Yes. Do I hate the move? Honestly, not as much as some in here do. Also consider, there's going to be a cap spike next year. Gordon is good around the goal line, and I think he can be effective if used appropriately in conjunction with Lindsay.

yeah, i don't think we need to overreact negatively until we see how the rest of the offseason goes 

27 minutes ago, champ11 said:

yeah, i don't think we need to overreact negatively until we see how the rest of the offseason goes 

So my son hates this deal and we have been texting back and forth about it.  I made some points with regard to it on the thread specific to it but I have to admit I have always loved Gordon.  Having said that I would have rather drafted a RB then pay this much money for one.  But Gordon can catch and the deal is done so I am going to really like it.  What a backfield!

54 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

So much for giving Lindsay a raise and locking him up for the next few years. A dollar says he asks for a trade by the end of the season, and I won’t blame him. Elway better kill it in the draft because if he doesn’t, this offseason could well be the final nail for him here. 

This feels like a massive overreaction. Lindsay is not a bellcow back. Period. He will not hold up as that full time guy. Keeping him fresh by having a good complementary back feels like a great way to extend his shelf life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

Chargers were gonna give Gordon more so it's not like he isn't worth it lol

Are we strictly defining "worth it" by what a team is willing to pay you? If so, Osweiler was worth 4 years, 72 million in 2016. Not to mention all the bad RB contracts signed in the past few years that teams have been trying to get out of. 

13 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Are we strictly defining "worth it" by what a team is willing to pay you? If so, Osweiler was worth 4 years, 72 million in 2016. Not to mention all the bad RB contracts signed in the past few years that teams have been trying to get out of. 

yeah, i mean my main complaint is he's not that good. if he was a stud than I would be pumped, even if it still is a poor allocation of resources to use this much on a RB. 

Gordon has had one good/very good season - 2 years ago. He was poor this past year. 

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

yeah, i mean my main complaint is he's not that good. if he was a stud than I would be pumped, even if it still is a poor allocation of resources to use this much on a RB. 

Gordon has had one good/very good season - 2 years ago. He was poor this past year. 

Yeah. As a pure runner I don’t think he brings a lot to the table. He’s a good receiving back though and it was pretty clear Lindsay wasn’t cut out for that role.

I don’t think you pay big money for a reliable check down guy though. Those guys are a dime a dozen. 

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

You can get good around the goal line for 500k a year in the mid rounds of the draft.

He has to be elite in pass pro and elite as a receiver to be worth that money. These are traits that rookies can't offer.

1 hour ago, anewdawn said:

So my son hates this deal and we have been texting back and forth about it.  I made some points with regard to it on the thread specific to it but I have to admit I have always loved Gordon.  Having said that I would have rather drafted a RB then pay this much money for one.  But Gordon can catch and the deal is done so I am going to really like it.  What a backfield!

Well since your son said he hates then we should all hate this deal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

You can get good around the goal line for 500k a year in the mid rounds of the draft.

He has to be elite in pass pro and elite as a receiver to be worth that money. These are traits that rookies can't offer.

Yeah capability in pass pro is a tough ask for rookies. That said...you definitely don’t pay for pass pro.

Edited by BroncoBruin

3 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Tbh, that seemed like Freeman lone quality in that the dude seemed to get in the end zone when Lock started.