Jaguars deal with CB Darqueze Dennard falls through (page 2)

RaidersAreOne

56 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I liked the idea of this happening. Was slightly less thrilled with the idea of him being outside (which he would've been here), but if a team needs a slot they should be all over this.

I hope the Titans bring him in if we can't reach a deal to bring back Logan Ryan.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I liked the idea of this happening. Was slightly less thrilled with the idea of him being outside (which he would've been here), but if a team needs a slot they should be all over this.

I'm wondering they conned him a little on playing slot, and once they came clean he decided to cut bait?

2 minutes ago, theJ said:

I'm wondering they conned him a little on playing slot, and once they came clean he decided to cut bait?

Sounds like he wants to play outside, and Hayden is one of the better slot corners in the game/entrenched there. So I'm not sure...

• Like 1

The guy who posted the contract details on Twitter deleted the post about 15 minutes after he posted it and nobody ever posted an update. I wonder if the money details were mixed up and that the two sides couldn’t get it figured out.

Curious. Wasn't there something posted by the NFL that if Players were supposed to sign with a specific club after agreeing to a contract and that contract was not upheld keeping said FA from another team. Sanctions (draft picks, ect) would be enforced?

Why agree to go the the Jags unless said contract was already in place? Did Jacksonville change it? Was it Denard?

The CB market has changed in the past 10 days. 

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why agree to go the the Jags unless said contract was already in place? Did Jacksonville change it? Was it Denard?

Maybe there was a misunderstanding on the money, or the way money would be guaranteed for injury, or the way the Jaguars wanted language surrounding the lack of a physical?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, he's been v good in JAX oddly enough.

For years we debated if he’d be good finally cus of his “amazing footwork” but he just couldnt turn his head around to play the ball on outside.  That’s not a real issue at slot.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, theJ said:

I doubt it's about that, considering it sounded like the Jags really were going to let him take a run at playing outside.  Some credibility to that idea beyond just lipservice too.  With Hayden already making a bunch of money as pretty much exclusively a slot CB on the team already...the only way Dennard made sense, would've been if they really did think he can play outside, where they basically have nothing.

I'd wager this is more about details in contract language.  Jaguars probably wanted something in there about the way guarantees are handled, or offset language, or something in that vein...that Dennard/his agent didn't like.  Probably something that gave the team extra leverage and control, or an easy way to void out of some big chunk of the money.

I'm inclined to think the NFLPA letter they sent out to players about the number of grievances filed against the Jaguars organization in the past bunch of years probably has players/agents scouring through the details of contract language extra cautiously right now.  Especially considering the weirdness and potential loopholes of this particular offseason with physicals and in-person meetings being the way they are right now.

Had to be a sticking point on that sort of language stuff though in my estimation.  Can't see the Jaguars being so firm on the exact price that Dennard would just walk away altogether, after basically agreeing to general terms.  Gotta be something else.