Which 0-2 team will make the playoffs?

Webmaster

Which 0-2 team will make the playoffs?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which 0-2 team will make the playoffs?

• Bears
    • Bengals
    • Browns
    • Chargers
    • Colts
    • Giants
    • Jets
    • Saints
    • 49ers
    • None

Bears = No way. This team was already looking like a 5-6 win team before the season had even begun, and now that may even be a stretch at this point with all of the injuries on both sides of the ball. Their only very slight hope of making the playoffs when the season started relied heavily on the potential of their defense, which looked like it could be a top-10 or 12, to keep them in games. But even that is gone now. On Offense, Glennon is garbage throwing to garbage. Kevin White makes Derrick Rose look like an iron-man and the rest of the WR's are injured. I hear they are planning on selling raffle tickets next game just to fill the roster and a chance to start at wide-out. Things couldn't be much worse. Oh wait, yeah it could, and it probably will. Especially since Fox knows that this is his last chance, I can see him throwing Trubisky to the wolves just to try to salvage what's left of his stint in Chicago.  

Bengals = Don't see it. Another team hit with injuries (and suspension) but not I'm not sure that would have been enough to out-weigh their 2 biggest issues right now; Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton. Not too mention that the Steelers and Ravens are simply better teams right now. That could change with the Ravens though.

Browns = Yeah, ok. I'm not beating a dead horse. Moving on.

Chargers = No. Looking at their schedule, I'm having a hard time seeing 6 wins right now. 

1. Kansas City Chiefs
  2.  Philadelphia Eagles
  3. @New York Giants
  4. @Oakland Raiders
  5. Denver Broncos
  6. @New England Patriots
  7. Bye Week
  8. @Jacksonville Jaguars
  9. Buffalo Bills
  10. @Dallas Cowboys
  11. Cleveland Browns
  12. Washington Redskins
  13. @Kansas City Chiefs
  14. Oakland Raiders
  15. @New York Jets

Colts = Not at this rate. Missing Luck to injury goes without saying. But when you combine that with....what is it.....9-10 starters now....they will be lucky to even stay competitive. The weak division could help them out down the road if they can somehow manage to not fall too far behind by mid-late season. But I'm not sure if that's possible.

Giants = Not with that offense but they have the best chance IMO. I know they're playing like crap on offense right now but I could see them getting back on track before it's too late and the defense will be fine, especially when they get Jenkins back. Not too mention that the division is always so competitive that they a different winner every year it seems like.

Jets = Yeah right. I'm going to ignore the elephant in the room and not pick on their QB situation because we all know that old man McCown just flat-out sucks. Instead, I'm gonna pick on the fact that defense cannot get pressure at all without sending 5 or 6 guys and even then they can't get there fast enough at a high enough rate to disrupt the play. Unless something changes and they can start winning those battles up front with 3 and 4 man rushes, it's going to be a loooong year.

Saints = Can't see it but they do have a favorable schedule with quite a few winnable games, even with their defense, so I wouldn't rule them out completely just yet.

1. @Carolina Panthers
  2. @Miami Dolphins
  3. Bye Week
  4. Detroit Lions
  5. @Green Bay Packers
  6. Chicago Bears
  7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  8. @Buffalo Bills
  9. Washington Redskins
  10. @Los Angeles Rams
  11. Carolina Panthers
  12. @Atlanta Falcons
  13. New York Jets
  14. Atlanta Falcons
  15. @Tampa Bay Buccaneers

49ers = The Browns have a better chance than they do, IMO. I would say that they also have a favorable schedule as well but this is the 49ers that we're talking about. They can't even get past their own division and figure out how to beat Seattle or the Cards.....ever.

I would pick the Bengals.  I know it has been really bad the past two weeks, but this is a talented team that should be performing much better.  I think eventually Dalton will turn it around and hopefully the offensive line can pick it up a tad.  0-2 is a very tough spot to be in, but the Bengals still have five divisional games to play.  I still think they have a shot.

10 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Nope, they're two kicks away from beating the Dolphins and being in OVERTIME with the Broncos. A Broncos team that had dominated them for 3 quarters and would have been out of sight if it was not for two freaky turnovers that gave them good field position. Even if they make that kick, there's still a 50-50 chance of them losing, perhaps even more.

Chargers had the momentum and probably win, odds are closer than 50-50 for them 

24 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Chargers had the momentum and probably win, odds are closer than 50-50 for them 

I really don't think that's the case. I know they'd come from a long way back from 24-7 to have the chance to tie the game, but remember this was a result of (a) a freaky interception that bounced off two guys feet and into the arms of Casey Hayward and (b) a very uncharacteristic fumble by Jamaal Charles. Both of these plays handed them the ball in Denver territory and led to the two quickfire touchdowns to Keenan Allen and Travis Benjamin.

Even the potential game tying came off the Broncos missing a field goal and giving them good field position when they probably should have just punted and pinned them back.

The point is, Denver was dominating the attritional play that night with the exception of a few unpredictable plays that broke the way of the Chargers and let them back in to the game. I'm not saying the Broncos would definitely have won in overtime, but I've seen several people this week suggest that Los Angeles is two kicks away from being 2-0, and that is blatantly a false narrative that Broncos fans need to challenge at all opportunities.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

49ers = The Browns have a better chance than they do, IMO. I would say that they also have a favorable schedule as well but this is the 49ers that we're talking about. They can't even get past their own division and figure out how to beat Seattle or the Cards.....ever.

I would disagree with this.  Oh, I don't think the 49ers will make the playoffs, but I think they have a better chance than the Browns.  The 49ers lost to the Seahawks, the de facto favorites in the NFC West by three points in a division with no 2-0 teams. 

I would vote the Bengals based on their schedule and hope that "the offense can't be THAT bad" for the remainder of the season. The defense has kept them in most games. If the offense can pick it up they will be right back in it. But that's truly a big IF at this point 

3 hours ago, Crickett said:

I would disagree with this.  Oh, I don't think the 49ers will make the playoffs, but I think they have a better chance than the Browns.  The 49ers lost to the Seahawks, the de facto favorites in the NFC West by three points in a division with no 2-0 teams. 

This was almost said in jest just to bring my point home that there is no way that they will make the playoffs. Them losing to the Seahawks and the Cardinals are a regular routine. They get swept every single year by those two teams. So my point was, given that track record alone, they have no chance in hell unless 3 teams from that division makes the playoffs which I'm sure we can all agree will not be happening anytime soon. 

Definitely not the Chargers. The first half of their season schedule is murderous and all three of their division rivals are very strong contenders.

The Browns are rebuilding after a promising draft. The Saints' defense still can't stop anybody. The Niners and Bears appear to be going nowhere. The Colts and Bengals fell through a hole in the floor Silent Hill-style. The Jets will be lucky to win two games.

Only the Giants are a real possibility. Their division isn't particularly strong, and they have a track record of overcoming the odds.

16 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Nope, they're two kicks away from beating the Dolphins and being in OVERTIME with the Broncos. A Broncos team that had dominated them for 3 quarters and would have been out of sight if it was not for two freaky turnovers that gave them good field position. Even if they make that kick, there's still a 50-50 chance of them losing, perhaps even more.

16 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Every time someone repeats this false narrative a kitten dies. The FG in week 1 only buys them a chance in overtime. It wasn't a game winning attempt.

People really get hung up on the details. Potentially being 2-0* 

I just saw the kitten dies thing. The Chargers are 2 missed FGs from being 1-0-1. 

Archived