Raiders sign Jeff Heath S

Humble_Beast

58 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

7 years:

8 ints 

5 forced fumbles & 1 fumble recovered 

That’s far from the “playmaker” Rick G makes him out to be.  

Heath’s main role will probably (IMO) be to replace Leavitt and Wilbur as a STer.  I thought Leavitt was terrible last year and The decision to keep him on the 53 man roster was questionable at best.

Ive heard Cowboy fans blast this guys coverage skills for years it seems.  I hope that plan is just to be honest.  But as the special teams ace I think he’d be one of the leagues best.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

Eric Reid got released.  Malcolm Jenkins did yesterday.  We most likely could have gotten Heath or a better player cheaper.  Did Heath even have any other offers? I don’t think any other team would be upset if they lost out on this guy.  
Maybe he really is cheap but the “2y,8M” deal first reported seems like we spent money on a JAG when better options were out there or will be out there.  I can’t say I’d be tremendously concerned about a hole at ST ace before camp.

What really irks me is this happened right when money got pretty tight.  I knew it was going to happen... said it for months... and right when we’re Tight on cap space it seems like we pissed our last few Bucks away.... ugh

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Raiders have signed guys who get sacks, turnovers, and can drop back and cover.  I like our signings so far.  This one is meh though, not exactly thrilled, not bummed about it either.

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

not bad if you look at as 2.85m annually...

Not horrible but if we **could** have had Joseph for say 2y, 10M then it’s a bad move.

obviousky a 3M player isn’t going to make or break the season of cap.  My issue is there were better options for similar prices combined with the fact the timing stunk.  Why commit to Jeff Heath, we’re talking Jeff Heath so early?  We’re we trembling in fear we’d lose out on him?  Should kept options open.... players get cut all the time .... way too many options to settle 

• Like 1

Michael Gehlken posted there was interest:

Cowboys S Jeff Heath has agreed to two-year deal with Raiders, source said. Deal worth up to $8M when including playing-time incentives. Back with Rich Bisaccia. He follows Jason Witten and Maliek Collins to Las Vegas. Lions, Vikings, Bears, Colts, Giants were in on Heath, too.

12 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Michael Gehlken posted there was interest:

Cowboys S Jeff Heath has agreed to two-year deal with Raiders, source said. Deal worth up to $8M when including playing-time incentives. Back with Rich Bisaccia. He follows Jason Witten and Maliek Collins to Las Vegas. Lions, Vikings, Bears, Colts, Giants were in on Heath, too.

That’s a good amount of interest. Two teams in Cowboys division too. Think it says a lot when teams who see a player 2x year for 8 years want to go after him. 

• Like 1