Game 3 GDT: SNF Raiders vs Skins

SilverNBlackFan

2a9p7ph.jpg

Big game on a big stage against a solid opponent. Lets get some discussion going.

Cousins isn't a great QB but he is damn capable of putting up numbers as evidence by him almost throwing for 5,000 yards last year. In their two games so far this year they haven't looked great on offense but the weapons are certainly there with TP, Jamison Crowder, and Jordan Reed. They also ranked 4th in the league in rushing so far, so our defense will definitely have to continue to show up.

Josh Norman is one of the few corners in the league who is allowed to travel with the opposing teams top WR. Will be interesting to see who he covers and how we attack him.

My key matchups...

KoJo and our LBs vs. TE Jordan Reed and RB Chris Thompson

Coop/Crabs vs. Norman/Breeland

Cooks vs. Cravens-less S corps/Brown/Foster

I expect us to win this game due to the Skins injury issues, particularly in the secondary, but i think it's gonna be a shootout with Rob Kelley out this Sunday. I predict we win 34-28 or something around there.

I think we'd handle this comfortably at home, but on the road on the east coast it's a toss-up, imo.

I'd imagine Norman will cover Cooper, which should free up Crabtree for another big day, and I loved the way we mixed things up against the Jets with all the different guys being utilized in the backfield, so more of that would be nice. Definitely going for the overs here, lots of points to be scored.

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I think we'd handle this comfortably at home, but on the road on the east coast it's a toss-up, imo.

I'd imagine Norman will cover Cooper, which should free up Crabtree for another big day, and I loved the way we mixed things up against the Jets with all the different guys being utilized in the backfield, so more of that would be nice. Definitely going for the overs here, lots of points to be scored.

Perhaps if this was a 10 AM game, but if they can handle the titans at that time they should be able to beat Wash at a 5:30 pm time. Honestly the Redskins might have it difficult because the are playing at 8:30 their time. The game will probably be done at around 11:00 their time but 8:00 Pacific time. 

23 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Perhaps if this was a 10 AM game, but if they can handle the titans at that time they should be able to beat Wash at a 5:30 pm time. Honestly the Redskins might have it difficult because the are playing at 8:30 their time. The game will probably be done at around 11:00 their time but 8:00 Pacific time. 

Sorry... this has been bugging my for over a week now. Nashville is CST. It's the same as playing in Kansas City. 

People keep calling it an EST win. It's not. 

I don't see how they can match-up with us, we have a special offense. I love how Downing utilizes all his toys and Carr spreads it out, we literally can beat teams in any way. Pretty damn close to a complete offense.

Pryor, Crowder and Reed are guys that can get it done. Seems like they haven't clicked yet though. Our defense looks much improved, lets see how they do vs the best set of pass catchers we have faced this year.

I think we out last the Redskins by scoring in bunches and forcing Cousins into mistakes.

34-21 Raiders

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I wanna see conley on crowder. No one else can cover him imo.

Does Crowder primarily play in the slot? I think that would be a good test for Conley if so. TJ Carrie is also a possibility, but we all saw how he fared against Cooper Kupp who is a similar player to Crowder. 

Hopefully Sean Smith plays this week. Pryor would be a good match-up for him

56 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Jordan Reed is the guy I'm real concerned about. Unfortunately I think he rips us this week

He's my biggest concern as well. But Gruden expressed concern for him today as he's limited in practice and nursing multiple injuries. For our sake, I hope he's not 100%

59 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Jordan Reed is the guy I'm real concerned about. Unfortunately I think he rips us this week

He hasn't practiced this week, and probably won't play. But I'm confident Morrow can slow him up and even if we can't stop him he won't win the game for Washington.

51 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Does Crowder primarily play in the slot? I think that would be a good test for Conley if so. TJ Carrie is also a possibility, but we all saw how he fared against Cooper Kupp who is a similar player to Crowder. 

Hopefully Sean Smith plays this week. Pryor would be a good match-up for him

Yes, Crowder is in the slot or in a bunch formation alot. But he does split out wide at time. But he isn't similar to Kupp, in that Kupp is 6'02 205lb possession WR and Crowder is a 5'9 180 agility monster.

Archived