Game 3 GDT: SNF Raiders vs Skins

SilverNBlackFan

1 hour ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

Just met Derek Carr, Todd Downing and Lee Smith in front of the White House ? Color me star struck, Smith was surprised that I recognized him haha. Also, Carr is easily 6'4" I'm 5'11" and he towered over me by at least 5/6 inches 

Carr is not even 6’3”: https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/derek-carr

1 hour ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

I know what he's listed at which is why I pointed that out, he seemed a lot taller 

Could it have been the shoes he was wearing? 

Not that I don't believe you. I just know depending on the shoe you can add 2-3inches.

My new combat boots with insoles give me around 2.5inches.

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Damn if Jordan Reed is out, I'd say our chances of winning increase dramatically. Vernon Davis, Pryor, and Crowder are good players, but I don't think we'll have nearly as hard of a time without Reed.

We also have to consider who’s throwing to them: Kirk Cousins. That said, the Raiders defense did make Josh McCown look like a passable starting QB last week.

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Damn if Jordan Reed is out, I'd say our chances of winning increase dramatically. Vernon Davis, Pryor, and Crowder are good players, but I don't think we'll have nearly as hard of a time without Reed.

Lol as a skins fan Pryor hasn't done anything. Crowder might be the only good player and Reed might play who knows but either way it's how Kirk plays who's been terrible for two week.

20 hours ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

Just met Derek Carr, Todd Downing and Lee Smith in front of the White House ? Color me star struck, Smith was surprised that I recognized him haha. Also, Carr is easily 6'4" I'm 5'11" and he towered over me by at least 5/6 inches 

Dang Lee smith must have been like the mountain. 

5 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

McCown is good idk why people think he's trash lol the jets are insanely terrible .

Is this really what’s happening in this thread? Josh McCown is good now? Sheesh. He’s not trash, but he’s certainly not good. He’s a passable backup. I wouldn’t want to be a fan of a team who had Josh McCown as their starting quarterback.

23 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Is this really what’s happening in this thread? Josh McCown is good now? Sheesh. He’s not trash, but he’s certainly not good. He’s a passable backup. I wouldn’t want to be a fan of a team who had Josh McCown as their starting quarterback.

He's a below average NFL starter, but absolutely NFL starter quality. You are overestimating how mediocre at best most NFL starters are. 

7 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

He's a below average NFL starter, but absolutely NFL starter quality. You are overestimating how mediocre at best most NFL starters are. 

I don’t mean he’s not top 32 (he’s probably borderline), I mean he’s below replacement level. Going back to my original point about him (and in proxy, the topic of this thread), he looked very competent against the Raiders.

Ultimately the point I’m also making is the Raiders still have enough question marks on defense making a player like Kirk Cousins potentially dangerous tonight.

Archived