General Returns to Battle

Texas_OutLaw7

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

I don't think it's hyperventilating. It's the frustration of sitting on $50m and the team's recent history of hoping their bargain bin shopping comes through in spades. 

Losing Jones sucks. Quinn's $30m guar. makes me think he's basically on a 2-3 yr deal. I'd have done that. Collins and Heath I assumed were gone. 

Maybe it changes in the coming days. I'm sure there is work being done. But, the past 5 years have been filled with more gaffes in FA than hits by a wide margin. While I'm not on board with seeing them go nuts, I'm not exactly thrilled by the idea of pinning my hopes on a handful of FA after thoughts pushing this team over the top. Which currently, seems to be the direction this is going. 

So you agree with Jones. And you agree with Collins and Heath. And I assume Witten. 

And we disagree with Quinn. (Shrugs) I'm not going to lose sleep over a 6th round pick we picked up on a whim. He has value. But we disagree as to the amount. 

When Snacks signs elsewhere I'll be sad. When Dez signs elsewhere I'll be sad. When the raiders cut PJ Hall and he signs elsewhere I'll be sad. I haven't really wanted anyone else. I'm completely unconcerned by 2 two of the free agency, day 1 of the new league year. 

2 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

So you agree with Jones. And you agree with Collins and Heath. And I assume Witten. 

And we disagree with Quinn. (Shrugs) I'm not going to lose sleep over a 6th round pick we picked up on a whim. He has value. But we disagree as to the amount. 

When Snacks signs elsewhere I'll be sad. When Dez signs elsewhere I'll be sad. When the raiders cut PJ Hall and he signs elsewhere I'll be sad. I haven't really wanted anyone else. I'm completely unconcerned by 2 two of the free agency, day 1 of the new league year. 

You're ok with Dallas waiting for the market to come to them and I really don't have a huge issue it per se....I'd prefer a team that I believe has the necessary pieces to make a playoff push, being more aggressive. Which again, maybe they are. Time will tell. Their recent history leads me to believe otherwise. 

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

You're ok with Dallas waiting for the market to come to them and I really don't have a huge issue it per se....I'd prefer a team that I believe has the necessary pieces to make a playoff push, being more aggressive. Which again, maybe they are. Time will tell. Their recent history leads me to believe otherwise. 

Not really. But I haven't lost anyone I wanted. Had I known about Hopkins id have flipped Pollard and a 2nd and not re-signed Coop. He's the only one that's a dammit. 

Jones too. 

• 3 weeks later...

Love this signing -- but what I really want after he retires is to have him on our coaching staff. I think he has everything it takes to be the next linebacker coach or assistant linebacker coach and move up from there. I'm not saying every good player should turn coach, but Lee brings so much more that would continue to help develop our linebackers. 

If Lee had stayed healthy his career, do you all think we are talking top 10/top 5 career?  When he was healthy and on he was one of the most fun LBs to watch.  

Crazy to me that despite his injury history he is only 1 of 2 I believe LBs left from the 2010 draft. 

• Like 1