Week 3 - Rams at 49ers TNF

RamRod

6 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Looks like we may be getting into a lot of shootouts if our defense keeps this up. So glad to have survived with a win.

The defense and special teams need to round into form. We can't have this happening every week. The offense is better, but I don't think it's ready to carry this team every week.

1 minute ago, RamRod said:

Looks like we may be getting into a lot of shootouts if our defense keeps this up. So glad to have survived with a win.

You could be right but I'll chalk it up to TNF short week. I remember last season where th Bills and the Jets score was 37-31 and both teams had play defenses but not okay offenses. It's tough to play on Sunday then days later have to play another game. I trust our talent on defense and Wade to get this defense back on track.

My biggest take was how well this offense looked. Cam and Wilson didn't look good against the Niners but Goff carved them up and so did Gurley. Many expected the Rams offense to be improved but not top 10 improved. Im loving what I'm seeing from this offense.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

The defense and special teams need to round into form. We can't have this happening every week. The offense is better, but I don't think it's ready to carry this team every week.

Why not? The scary thing is Everett and Kupp was none factors. So when you can put up 41 with two high draft picks that has been really good rookies in the NFL so far didn't do anything, that tells me the Rams have so many weapons to attack teams. I think Goff showed out tonight on prime time. The lights wasn't too bright for him in a hostile environment. That bodes well when he goes to Dallas and Arizona and Seattle. So yeah I think this offense can carry this team in games. 

Btw props to McVay who said he wasn't gonna be conservative like he did in Washington.

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

You could be right but I'll chalk it up to TNF short week. I remember last season where th Bills and the Jets score was 37-31 and both teams had play defenses but not okay offenses. It's tough to play on Sunday then days later have to play another game. I trust our talent on defense and Wade to get this defense back on track.

My biggest take was how well this offense looked. Cam and Wilson didn't look good against the Niners but Goff carved them up and so did Gurley. Many expected the Rams offense to be improved but not top 10 improved. Im loving what I'm seeing from this offense.

Yea, our OL dominated today. Kromer is really doing an amazing job, and Whitworth is the effing man.

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Why not? The scary thing is Everett and Kupp was none factors. So when you can put up 41 with two high draft picks that has been really good rookies in the NFL so far didn't do anything, that tells me the Rams have so many weapons to attack teams. I think Goff showed out tonight on prime time. The lights wasn't too bright for him in a hostile environment. That bodes well when he goes to Dallas and Arizona and Seattle. So yeah I think this offense can carry this team in games. 

Btw props to McVay who said he wasn't gonna be conservative like he did in Washington.

They can carry us to an extent but we won't be dropping 40 points every game. We're gonna need the defense to step up.

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

He bounced back from that backbreaking interception in a big way. It's nice to have so many weapons that legitimately talented players can be invisible because other guys are making so many plays.

Goff just has to keep building on what he did tonight and keep his head up when he has a bad game.

But yea, we have too many young players for them to drop 30+ points a week.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Lot of injuries in the secondary right now which is worrisome. We're also really weak in the middle with Tree and Barron. Hopefully, Philips can make adjustments with this group and they can be more consistent with run stops/fits.

Great game from the offense. It's fantastic to see Goff and the offense making such big strides under McVay.

37 minutes ago, RamRod said:

That he is

Best pickup of the offseason. You look at the struggles on the oline across the league. The Texans, Saints, Bengals, Colts, Seahawks, Giants all could've signed Whitworth. They definitely need him but the Rams got him and he is paying dividends. I don't blame Goff for looking confident. He isn't getting touched on his blindside lol. 

Archived