Week 3 - Rams at 49ers TNF

RamRod

So glad to see Watkins more involved. Gurley is the man, i apologize for being so angry after that fumble last week.

Couple thoughts

-Mcvay needs to work on ball control all across the board. This isnt a one off thing, its starting to become a habit.

-ogletree still continues to play like one of the worst lbs in the league.

-I want tavon a healthy inactive. He's fumbled the punt every freaking game and damn near fumbled that toss. Get him out of there.

-protect goff and look how good he is...whitworth was the best pickup this offseason.

If we can improve the run defense just a little bit we can hang with the cowboys. Their defense is atrocious.

1 minute ago, S-jax39 said:

So glad to see Watkins more involved. Gurley is the man, i apologize for being so angry after that fumble last week.

Couple thoughts

-Mcvay needs to work on ball control all across the board. This isnt a one off thing, its starting to become a habit.

-ogletree still continues to play like one of the worst lbs in the league.

-I want tavon a healthy inactive. He's fumbled the punt every freaking game and damn near fumbled that toss. Get him out of there.

-protect goff and look how good he is...whitworth was the best pickup this offseason.

If we can improve the run defense just a little bit we can hang with the cowboys. Their defense is atrocious.

Tavon needs to stop muffing punts. I don't know what's up with him. That was never an issue in years past, but he's valuable to the offense as a decoy. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. A lot of people were demanding we punish Woods for his mistakes in Week 2 by making him inactive. Look at how he bounced back.

It was so dissapointing last year yet no matter how upset i was i still believed in gurley and let out my frustration out in this forum. He looks amazing again. Plus im a huge sammy and woods fan which is why the rams are my team in the NFC. But if it was you then huge thanks lol.

Woods was so good tonight and if you can just get the ball to sammy he does great things, cant get this smile off my face tbh.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Tavon needs to stop muffing punts. I don't know what's up with him. That was never an issue in years past, but he's valuable to the offense as a decoy. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. A lot of people were demanding we punish Woods for his mistakes in Week 2 by making him inactive. Look at how he bounced back.

Cmon man, you gotta stop. Hes done it three games in a row. Woods mistakes were uncharacteristic, it wasnt logical to expect him to be punished. We dodged a bullet beating this team, we dont need stupid mistakes like fumbling on a punt return. Thats all he does! We keep reducing his role and he is still finding way to hurt us. At this point we have to accept what he is.

5 minutes ago, S-jax39 said:

Cmon man, you gotta stop. Hes done it three games in a row. Woods mistakes were uncharacteristic, it wasnt logical to expect him to be punished. We dodged a bullet beating this team, we dont need stupid mistakes like fumbling on a punt return. Thats all he does! We keep reducing his role and he is still finding way to hurt us. At this point we have to accept what he is.

When did he muff a punt against Washington?

That's all he does? How many muffed punts did he have prior to this year?

Maybe we didn't watch the same game because McVay didn't reduce his role. McVay had him in there pretty often too use as a decoy for misdirection.

11 minutes ago, bertuzzi said:

It was so dissapointing last year yet no matter how upset i was i still believed in gurley and let out my frustration out in this forum. He looks amazing again. Plus im a huge sammy and woods fan which is why the rams are my team in the NFC. But if it was you then huge thanks lol.

Woods was so good tonight and if you can just get the ball to sammy he does great things, cant get this smile off my face tbh.

Sammy needs to stay healthy, though.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

When did he muff a punt against Washington?

That's all he does? How many muffed punts did he have prior to this year?

Maybe we didn't watch the same game because McVay didn't reduce his role. McVay had him in there pretty often too use as a decoy for misdirection.

He dropped it and picked it up against the skins.  When I say thats all he does i mean his only job at this point is to return punts and he has been awful at it. Mcvay hasnt reduced his role from last year? Hes getting like 9 snaps a game lol. I think the offense will be fine eliminating his couple snaps a game. Hes only on the team because of that contract. If a 7th round pick played like him he would be cut at this point. His upside at this point just isnt worth it.

Just now, S-jax39 said:

He dropped it and picked it up against the skins.  When I say thats all he does i mean his only job at this point is to return punts and he has been awful at it. Mcvay hasnt reduced his role from last year? Hes getting like 9 snaps a game lol. I think the offense will be fine eliminating his couple snaps a game. Hes only on the team because of that contract. If a 7th round pick played like him he would be cut at this point. His upside at this point just isnt worth it.

He's getting more than 9 snaps per game. We've had multiple big plays this year come off of Tavon as a decoy. Gurley had multiple nice runs tonight off of the Tavon jet sweep action. McVay isn't going to make him an inactive. He recognizes his value. And I don't care about the money. It ain't coming out of my wallet. The money is what it is. Austin helps this team win. That's all I care about. We'll get rid of him after the season, but for now, it makes no sense to make him an inactive player other than being bitter about him being overpaid and a bust.

Archived