Week 3 - Rams at 49ers TNF

RamRod

2 minutes ago, S-jax39 said:

Ok, im not gonna respond anymore. Continue to to talk about his magical "skill" that doesnt translate on the field being valuable. Im not going to continue to point out how if it doesnt translate to on field success it doesnt mean anything. His frame is irrelevant, plenty of guys like him that has success in this league. Hilton and Hill off the top of my head easily. He just sucks.

If he fumbles a game away i dont wanna see a single post from you complaining. Continue to talk about how valuable he is.

Once again, arguing with yourself, and some in between the lines reading youre trying to do. You clearly hate him for some reason, so much that you cant even acknowledge that this guy has skills.Which is just absurd, he was a top 10 pick for a reason. Just because a guy busts, doenst mean they didnt have skill, it means they didnt work out. Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Arron Curry etc all had skills. They just never got it figured out.

Tavon still has that skill; speed, quickness, wiggle, whatever you want to call it. He still has it and we have seen it each week so far this year. If an OC that know how to use it, he could be deadly. And Honestly that may still be McVay. Im going to guess not as he hasn't used a guy like him before, and hasnt done it yet this year.

But next year I wouldnt be surprised to see him in NE, or NO (if Brees & Peyton return) or GB and he is putting up 800 combined yards with 4-5 TDs as a 3rd weapon. 

4 hours ago, S-jax39 said:

I completely understand that. Now explain to me how it is truly a skill if it doesnt translate on the field.

It's pretty clear to anyone who isn't biased that it does translate to the field. That's why defenses respect the jet sweep action. Where it doesn't translate is to Austin's ability to succeed without the ball in his hands. But I'm happy to provide you some easy examples of it translating to the field:

I know, I know, "it's only the preseason!!!!" Here's him doing it in the regular season:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000575102/Rams-Tavon-Austin-weaves-through-for-22-yard-run

30 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Good things happen when you throw the ball Sammy's direction

Good things are happening when you throw it any of our WRs/TEs not named Higbee haha. Goff and McVay are doing an amazing job of spreading the ball around to keep defenses from keying in on players.

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Good things are happening when you throw it any of our WRs/TEs not named Higbee haha. Goff and McVay are doing an amazing job of spreading the ball around to keep defenses from keying in on players.

Higbee hasn't looked bad. He was thrown the ball Week 3 and the defender just made a great play to knock the ball out of his hands.

8 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Higbee hasn't looked bad. He was thrown the ball Week 3 and the defender just made a great play to knock the ball out of his hands.

Higbee has 3 catches for 21 yards on the year. And no, the defender didn't make a great play. Higbee dropped it.

22 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Higbee has 3 catches for 21 yards on the year. And no, the defender didn't make a great play. Higbee dropped it.

Sorry Jrry but the safety absolutely got a hand on the ball and knocked it out. Not saying Higbee has been great or he shouldn't have still caught this but it was a good play by the defender. 

It doesn't want to link it gives an error but the play in question is at the 1:20 mark.

12 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Sorry Jrry but the safety absolutely got a hand on the ball and knocked it out. Not saying Higbee has been great or he shouldn't have still caught this but it was a good play by the defender. 

I saw that during the game. I disagree. It wasn't a good play by the defender. Higbee is a TE. The nature of his job is making contested catches while covered. That was an easy catch. The defender was able to poke it (by grabbing Higbee's arm) out because Higbee juggled it. Goff put the ball exactly where it was supposed to be. Higbee dropped it. 

I loved the Higbee pick because of his hands in college. We haven't seen that player in the NFL. That's the type of crap we'd see from Britt, Quick, etc. last year. The difference this year is that when our QB puts the ball in there and gives our WRs a chance to make a play, they're making the play. Look at Woods's catch on the deep ball Goff threw on the run. Look at Watkins's catch on the deep ball. Look at Everett's catch on the deep ball last week (when he got hurt). Those are plays we didn't make last year. QB made a great throw, and the WR helped him out by making a great catch. Higbee isn't making those plays right now.

If Higbee wants to stick as a starter on this team, he needs to start making those plays. He's a TE. His job is to make tough catches in coverage.

I'm confused one of our DB's knocks a pass out of a receivers hands we call it a good play. A db knocks the ball out of one of our receivers hands it's a drop. I get you like Everett more and he's obviously a more dynamic receiving threat. I just don't get this reaction to Higbee getting the ball knocked out of his hands. 

50 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

I'm confused one of our DB's knocks a pass out of a receivers hands we call it a good play. A db knocks the ball out of one of our receivers hands it's a drop. I get you like Everett more and he's obviously a more dynamic receiving threat. I just don't get this reaction to Higbee getting the ball knocked out of his hands. 

I don't call it a good play when our DB gets burnt and is able to knock the ball out of the WR's hands because he juggled it. That's luck, not good play. Higbee had no business dropping that ball. And yes, I do like Everett more because he's playing better. I was very high on Higbee coming out of the draft, but he's been a complete disappointment. Whereas Everett has come through when we've gone to him. 

The ball got knocked out because Higbee didn't catch it cleanly despite the ball hitting him right in the stomach. We don't need excuses for that.

Archived