Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Nix

Bengals sign Trae Waynes

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

 

A younger, faster Dre Kirkpatrick that can tackle. I'll take it. Let's ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

That's a lot of money.

 

 

Seems overpaid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, if they were willing to pay Waynes 14 mil, they should have paid Byron Jones 17 mil and gotten a much better player. 

 

Or they could have spent less on a nickel CB to replace Dennard, put Phillips in as Dre's replacement, and used an early pick on a CB for depth. Even bring in elder statesman Tramon Williams or similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wayne's has gotten worse over the last few years too. I'm not so excited about that move, but they needed a corner. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I swear you guys are afraid to start threads lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, theJ said:

Wayne's has gotten worse over the last few years too. I'm not so excited about that move, but they needed a corner. 

Agreed that Dre isn't worth his contract and should be traded/cut.  But paying Waynes 14 mil isn't the answer. He's only marginally better than Dre and is 30% more expensive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Agreed that Dre isn't worth his contract and should be traded/cut.  But paying Waynes 14 mil isn't the answer. He's only marginally better than Dre and is 30% more expensive. 

Part of it, is each year the market goes up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But that's the thing. Unless they are planning to not extend WJ3, we have a lot of money tied up at CB. Phillips is cheap for 2020 but will want a new contract if he plays well.  Instead of paying Waynes 14 mil to be a CB2 for us, we could have either paid Jones 17 mil to be a CB1 or signed players like Poole as a slot corner or Tramon Williams while using our 2nd or 3rd round pick on a CB. They need to look down the road more than a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

But that's the thing. Unless they are planning to not extend WJ3, we have a lot of money tied up at CB. Phillips is cheap for 2020 but will want a new contract if he plays well.  Instead of paying Waynes 14 mil to be a CB2 for us, we could have either paid Jones 17 mil to be a CB1 or signed players like Poole as a slot corner or Tramon Williams while using our 2nd or 3rd round pick on a CB. They need to look down the road more than a year. 

Jones got $57 million guaranteed. We weren't shelling out that much guaranteed money. Few teams do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign someone, anyone you say.  Overpay to do it if you must.  Get rid of WhoDre for the last few years.

 

They do both and still y'all BMW.  Therapy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't say I'm a big fan of this signing, but I won't chastise this team for spending. If it doesn't work out, at least we tried.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...