Jets sign C Connor McGovern

Abe56

8 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Edoga was drafted knowing he was a few years away. He was thrown in to the fire way too early. Winters can be average if he stays healthy, Lewis I agree with. He should be a backup guy too Winters. I still like Cody Glenn to push for the LT or RT spot depending how the rookie we draft with the 11 pick is good for RT or LT. I think Glenn is the key guy to get right now. 

I like this idea. He can hold down the RT position and draft two guys,  one at at LT and one IOL. 

16 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

And right now as it stands, 4 of the 5 starters I do not trust. Edoga was a liability last season, we need him to improve vastly. But our OL can look better with the addition of a stud OT 1st round. Lewis and Winters are garbage OGs, both injury prone as well. 

I think Winters is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say. He isn't garbage, if he was next to better players he'd be fine. Lewis I'm not as sure on and Edoga isn't really ready. But lets say we draft an OT in the first. That means Edoga or Fant don't start and we remove the weakest of our OT's as well as massively improving C. That would basically leave a question for one OG and one OT. Maybe Fant or Edoga develop to where we need them to be and Lewis plays better. Even if only one of those things happens that would be a 4/5 situation.

3 minutes ago, ukjets21 said:

I think Winters is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say. He isn't garbage, if he was next to better players he'd be fine. Lewis I'm not as sure on and Edoga isn't really ready. But lets say we draft an OT in the first. That means Edoga or Fant don't start and we remove the weakest of our OT's as well as massively improving C. That would basically leave a question for one OG and one OT. Maybe Fant or Edoga develop to where we need them to be and Lewis plays better. Even if only one of those things happens that would be a 4/5 situation.

The rookie can play G as well. In essence it will be play the best 5 guys up front. And in all honesty the only guy 100% starting is McGovern as of now. Everyone else will have to battle for their job.

35 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The rookie can play G as well. In essence it will be play the best 5 guys up front. And in all honesty the only guy 100% starting is McGovern as of now. Everyone else will have to battle for their job.

Yeah there's no doubt there will be a lot of competition and we need to see how we look after the draft. I expect Lewis and Winters to probably emerge as our starting guards and a rookie OT with one of Fant/Edoga playing the other tackle spot.